We created an app for the Recommended Routine and we want to share it with the community

@poppie Its called "Bodyweight Fitness" by Damian.

I PM'd him on his active reddit a few months back to ask for the app to be updated and got no reply.

@arniep Great idea to make an app for this. I like being able to see the progression from the beginning exercises to the more advanced ones. Do I have to choose when to move on to a more advanced exercise, or does the app help me determine that?

Also, why can't I see how to do the exercises as I'm doing them? Why can I only see that before my workout? Is this a workout, or an exam where I'm cheating if I look at how to do the exercises properly?

@buckinut xD good point. I guess since we were the main testers and we already knew how to do the exercises we didn't need it. Will take your feedback into account and make it more beginner friendly. Thanks!

@arniep So this is what I’ve gotten so far:
Missing the warm up of course, but also, both for the parallel bar support hold and the plank hold, there’s no option for recording how many seconds we were able to hold. Just how many reps—which doesn’t apply to those two exercises.
Also looking forward to being able to see my workout history and stats of course.

@pilgrim30 warmup, history and stats are in the making (please don't expect it to be soon though)

as for recording second for static holds - use the same button. For dynamic exercises it logs reps. For static - seconds. But since you are not the first one confused by this, we will think how to clarify it. Thanks :)

@arniep Just tried this out over the weekend and really like the easy to understand progressions. Got a nice sweat going and some decent soreness.

Just a bit confusing were the exercises measured in time but it asks to log reps. For example with the Copenhagen plank; it suggests 30 secs but doesn't specify sides. Is the intention to do the suggested time per side, then log the seconds held as "reps" or to do the suggested reps for the time mentioned for each side? Ie. 5 reps of 30 secs for 3 sets.

It would be nice if the timer was incorporated as well for these exercises so the user can just tap a button to start the timer, it would beep and/or count down audibly, and then the other side, then the app would just count that as a rep.

Hope its clear. Other than that, I like it as is so far but will update with suggestions as I progress.