WEIGHT GAINERS & SUPPLEMENTS FOR 41KG BULKING

sekharjones

41kg 5'7 with a short term goal to atleast 50kg in few months. Planning to get back to working out. Nakapag workout na ko oct last yr pero natigil din, I was consistent though for about 2-3months and nag gain ako decently fron 40kg to 43. Doing 3 days full body a week using a program I found sa yt kay Joe Fazer. Natigil lang talaga cos nawalan ako ng work and wala na pambayad. Pero ngayon balak ko na uli bumalik and stay consistent uli.

Question is:
Ano thoughts niyo sa weight gainers?pashare naman ng experience niyo. Lalo for those mga nagmula sa toothpick build na kinailangan ng boost cos of appetite issues.

May nababasa kasi ako na although effective daw siya for weight gain, pag inistop mo siya, mag dedeplete din daw yung mga nagain mo. Although medyo doubtful ako cos baka hindi naman mag dedeplete basta makekeep ko yung daily calories ko n stuff. Marunong nadin kasi ako magtrack ng calories n macros.

Another question is what supplements do u guys recommend? Mga highly recommended lang kahit isang supplement lang like multivitamins, tsaka anong brand din sana. Nung nagwoworkout kasi ako last yr, creatine lang talaga tinatake ko. Walang kahit anong supplements, protein powder, etc. Nag didirty bulking din ako noon, pero di heavy dirty cos may maayos naman kami food sa bahay so may gulay padin n sobrang daming rice.

If anything pashare nalang din ng mga stories niyo from toothpick to taguro builds jan, inspiration lang din lol. Salamat! 🖖

@sekharjones No need for weight gainers, just eat more and eat clean. Weight gainers for me are just “fillers”, yes mataas protein niya pero yung carbs niya and yung micronutrient profile isnt that great. There are much better options than using weight gainers, madami naman kayong food sa bahay, as long as naka caloric surplus ka, no need to worry about gaining weight.

For supplements, I just take whey, creatine and multivitamins. pwedeng melatonin if hirap ka matulog aa gabi. just avoid a lot of local whey products, meron kasing issue about that. But i take athlene since its cheaper than gold standard.

Also just aim for gaining 2kg a month since most of that weight gain is fat.

@magito22 Bro what do you think sa magstart ako with mass gainer (ON) atleast til i hit around 45-50kg? Then I transition into whey protein. Just to give me the boost sa simula, I plan to stay lean din naman and di chubby pero sa payat kong to andami ko pang room para tumaba lol, so im guessing a lil fat wont hurt? what do you think?

@sekharjones Well as someone have experience taking ONS mass, from 52kg I got 59kg in less than 2 months with dirty bulking although after I stopped the mass and start taking whey eh napunta rin agad ako to 56kg in less than 1-2 weeks then afterwards hanggang sa nag stick ako between 54-56kg with still dirty bulking. ONS is pretty great though, it takes consistency din tlga sa amount ng calories mo per day to maintain your weight so I guess it won’t hurt to give it a try just once. I bought the 6lbs and 12lbs ONS mass before and actually di ko sinusunod ung dose non na 2 scoops per day, I only did one and compensate the supposedly 1 more scoop by adding up more rice to my meals.

@k3anu14 Cool cool, appreciate this bro. Ilan daily calories mo niyan and ilan meals per day? Plano ko kasi three meals (bfast, lunch, dinner), 1 snack and yung weight gainer shake. Tsaka pano mo pala minimix yung mass gainer? Water lang or milk? Thanks bro!

@sekharjones Not really sure eh pero 3 meals lng din ako and really heavy meals. I always find ways to reach 50-100g protein intake then sa rice tlgang marami hahaha kalahating kaldero na tipong di ako tatayo hanggat di ubos so sgro safe to say is more or less 2k calories? Sa mass gainers is water lang ako kase if with milk for me mas nakakaumay. Ginagawa ko palagi is drinking mass gainer 1-2hr before ako matulog.

@sekharjones Not a fan of weight gainers talaga. But if hirap ka talaga magincrease ng weight and curious ka, then go take it. As long as you’re in a caloric surplus, you will gain weight kahit itake or di mo itake yang serious mass. Point lang is, the contents of serious mass has a lot of artificial ingredients. Pampataas lang talaga siya ng calories at para mahit macros mo.

Ichecked serious mass 12 lbs. it’s around 4k, and 16 servings, each contains 1250 calories.

4000/16 = 250 pesos for serving (1250 calories)

Sa 250 pesos na yun, ikakaen ko na lang ng mashealthier options, masmasarap pa. It might not reach 1250 calories, but it will compensate sa quality ng food (high micronutrient foods) Not sure din sa lasa mg mass gainers pero ang sabi nila nakakasuka siya.

If you want to optimize gaining muscle: Be in a caloric surplus (+300-500 cals more than maintenance), lift with proper form and technique, and rest

@sekharjones When i signed up sa gym, i started at 46kg, height is 5'5. May coach ako though since i have 0 experience and need ko someone to guide me para matutunan ko mga proper ways to do things and well, to push me to start.

Since maarte ako sa food, i started with Muscletech Mass gainer. I think 2.3k calories sya? But di ko finallow yung serving instruction nya, only took half to help me with my calorie intake.

Started around beginning of Nov 2022, then by mid of January 2023 nung naubos ko yung 6lbs na mass gainer, i weighed at 54kg. Nag stop nako since mejo lumalaki na tiyan ko that time and went to using whey protein nalang and trying to intake as much food as I can. But since masyado akong maarte sa pagkain and grabe na kaslow yung progress ko, i needed an alternative and yung gumana sakin actually is yung Athlene Lean Mass Gainer - this was around Sept or Oct 2023. I only take 2 scoops (1 serving) a day after gym, about 300 calories sya. Changed diet and just pushed myself to eat more. Now I'm currently at 58kg with a lean proportionate body comp (except legs 🤭 na slightly under).

So far, I never feel bloated when I take it, decent appetite parin (forced at times) but slowly and steadily gaining kesa biglaan na.

Hope this helps OP. Need mo lang ng supplement na hiyang ka, mejo trial and error sya kinda.

Feel free to message me, I'll gladly show you my before & after lol

@doomsayer2 Im curious halos same tayo ng height im 5'4 and half". Started 50kg din now 55-56kg na. 3 months home exercise lang with dumbbell and pull up bar + konting body weight though, not a fan of gym im too shy to go to gym and no time lumabas.

@kimberly74 Haha. Honestly, pagiging pihikan ko when it comes to food became somewhat of an advantage for me. It's both advantage and disadvantage actually so I juat have to work it out on my own. Advantage sya since I don't eat everything on the table, means that I have lesser chance to gain belly fat. Disadvantage since magastos ako sa food and my appetite's all over the place, and it's really easy for me to lose weight din - got flu last week and easily lost 1kg na parang wala lang.

Incorporating gym sa lifestyle really takes dedication, time and effort. Ako na maraming oras, I was easily able to make it work.

@sekharjones Chicken adobo is underrated for bulking. Pero seriously, just eat a bit more every meal. Gradual increase sa intake, and eventually you'll see the difference without having to feel bloated after each meal. I dont believe in mass gainers, but whey protein is good for gaining and maintaining lean muscle. Problem with mass gainers is it makes you gain, but water weight lang sya most times.

TLDR: real food > whey protein (plus creatine, maybe) > mass gainers, add that to consistent and proper training

If you have questions, please feel free to hit me up. FYI di kita bebentahan ng kahit ano HAHAHA I just wanna help kasi I have been there din.

@sekharjones Breakfast consisting of 2 servings of oatmeal + bearbrand powdered milk + 2 saging saba made me gain 3kg in 1 month. You can add protein powder if you want to. I take my usual lunch and dinner with more carbs. Sometimes merienda too. From 53.5kg I am now at 56.80kg. I am also on a weight gain journey. I was 48kg in 2021. Hoping to achieve 60kg this year. You don't have to limit urself when it comes to food especially if you are consistent with your workouts.

@veryveryblessed yung oatmeal mo ba Quaker Oats? Okay ba yun? Haha 2 Quaker Oats 125 calories kasi yon then may 4 protein. so 2x (250 calories, 8 protein) tas samahan pa ng saging no? Di ko alam kung ilan calories at protein ng ibat ibang klaseng saging. Hahaha

@sekharjones Not a health advice. I used to take MP mass gainer (forgot the actual name). It took me 2 weeks of taking 2 heaping fbcking scoops of that tae to achieve an additional 4kilograms. It felt as if my whole body was jiggling and my man boobs was lit af. Took it for testing since I was just curious about it. Gave me helluva strength too!

@sekharjones Never bulked up, kasi nagsimula ako ng 5'5, 87 kg down to 72, pero as far as I know, you have to eat right. Eat a lot of protein, try to get at least 150g of it per day. You can download the My Fitness Pal App, because you can calculate there how much calories daily you will need to get to your desired weight. As per supplement, aside from your whey protein, you can take creatine in order to boost your strength, and any mass gainer.

@sekharjones Hi OP, Started last year from a 49kg 5'6" height, Self study lang program ko till nahanap ko yung saktong program for a 6 day split workout.

During bulking heavy eater ako for high calorie and protein food. Di mo need ng sobrang mamahalin na food. bili ka lang ng chicken breast, tofu, soya sa naglalako ng taho and eggs. Yan mostly food ko and I try to mixed vegetables. Always keep a healthy balance lang in your daily food. Also, ang routine ko is kumaen every 2-3 hrs pero di sya sobrang dami, in a day siguro nakaka 6 na kaen ako ng regular servings.

Take ka din ng Whey to supplement yung protein mo na kulang from your daily food if ever. Mas mabilis din yung gains ko when I started using creatine, mura lang to for 2months you can buy it for 600php from Athlene. Depends na sayo if you will do the loading phase.

Goodluck sa fitness journey OP! 👌

@sarahk80 Athlene has an online store sa shoppe. Athlene Nutrition yung name under sya ng shoppe Mall. For Whey ng Rule 1 if you're interested yung store naman is Above athletica 🙂

Back