What’s in your water bottle at the gym?

@lucyflor Thank you for all that info! Do you know any good creatine supplements in mind for women? Do you have a gf or wife that works out like you do? You can DM me if anything. Probably will DM you more about myself. I would like to make friends, especially ppl in the fitness community or industry even.

I’m still sick & would definitely like more suggestions and even things to wear to prevent further injuries whenever I start again. I wrote a post on here on me wanting to restart my fitness journey (you can see my profile) and wanting to make this my lifestyle permanently. Anyone’s answers are welcome & appreciated. Thank you again.

@servingnovice Basic creatine monohydrate works. Some preworkouts or protein can include it but I just buy the unflavored powder. It's a little chalky, so shake often. I bought mine from Bulk Supplements on Amazon but you can get from almost anywhere (WM, Vitamin Shoppe, grocery store, etc.).

@servingnovice Women can definitely take creatine. However, there aren’t necessarily “good creatine supplements in mind for women” as creatine is just creatine and it is useful for all human bodies. If you were to find a product marketed as “creatine for women,” it’s likely just the same exact thing but more expensive and in a pink tub or something. Creatine is just a white powder and you mix about 5 g (a rounded teaspoon) with water and drink that once per day.

@zoukirovic Creatine helps you produce energy, but it is a longer term effect. Taking creatine, just before a workout will not really make that workout better. Taking it daily will help. IMO, it does not really belong in pre-work out, but it probably does not hurt to take it then either.

@zoukirovic Not for energy, just take consistently (daily). It's in a tub and so's my preworkout - it's just easier to add then instead of at the office. It's not a magic pill, so there's no "super" to it - still gotta put in the work.

@lucyflor It does give you energy, just not in a stimulant effect type way. It gives you additional ATP, which is the molecule our body uses for energy in things like muscle contractions. So if you are using it consistently, you will probably get 1-2 extra reps per set than without.

Back