What’s the most ‘pure’ or ‘OG’ CrossFit program you know of?

@ahunbleservant Let me check an old external drive when I get to the office tomorrow. I had them saved somewhere. I followed CFF for a couple of years many years ago and loved it. Your front squats WILL go up! I am to broken to follow it now but let me see if I can dig it up

@ahunbleservant I think Jump Ship might have the right balance between Intensity and Volume. I was coached by Seth at a previous gym, and his programming is equal parts beautiful looking, and intense, without you ever stepping over that red line and burning you.

He would usually program 80% of his workouts in the 8 to 12 minute range, sometimes, the workouts were just 5 min AMRAPs, with the intent of the WOD's being complementary to the strength that we did prior. One day we did 5x10 back squats, and the WOD was 50 burpees for time. So simple, yet so effective. I don't know how similar Jump Ship is to that now, but worth a peak.

@caleb_m Of Course you are right to point this out. But the interference and repetition of movement patterns is undeniable. And for the repetition, I’m not noticing any considerable improvements in shoulder strength or endurance despite avoiding injury myself.

@ahunbleservant
CrossFit program that takes movement patterns into consideration?

Really anything structured. Any of those named here will tend to stucture a flow so that you're not say, doing wallballs twice in one week or as you say, cleans one day and C&J the next. BUT if thats the consideration, main site is NOT the answer.

people would define as ‘old school’ or ‘pure’ CrossFit programming?

Ahh that's something altogether different. It's important to keep in mind that OG CrossFit had very little to do with structure and movement patterns. Back in 2008-8-10, we were all just making shit up as we went. Games competitors did the same thing they just did more of it. Example:

Back then, you'd show up with your buddy and say "what godawful calamity can we come up with to push us as close to vomiting as possible?"

"Got it! 5 rounds, run 800, 30 cleans, 30 pullups, 30 burpees, 30 box jumps with a cash out of 100GHD situps"

"OR...and here me out here, how about Double Fran with a round of "Eva" in between?"

Also before you down vote this, TELL me you never did this.

Back