What’s your ‘genius’ high protein snack/meal?

@nilsa Cottage cheese. I sneak it into so much stuff, like making a creamy buffalo sauce/dip. I’ve been doing it for years but it’s really blown up lately. I mix it in with my egg whites and make scrambled eggs. I can easily get a 35-45g protein breakfast.

High Protein yogurt for a snack. I eat Ratio and it’s 25g of protein. There’s also Oikos Pro. Not really a hack… just a product I didn’t know existed until protein was a focus.

@marytx0 how’s egg whites and cottage cheese?! does it make egg whites a bit more bareable? I know the macros are so good but egg whites are just too boring for me

@new2faith2 I always put one whole egg in mine + the cottage cheese + I might add onions, spinach, and peppers if I have them. Sometimes I add buffalo sauce or other kinds of seasoning. I have a Cajun seasoning I love putting in them. I sometimes add ground turkey that I season kinda like sausage. Anything to make them less boring, lol

@nilsa Mine is just…eating a whole can of sardines or kipper snacks lol. Usually 20-25 grams of protein, 150-200 calories, and so many more benefits and healthy fats to help keep me full too. And good for my terrible iron levels! I know they’re not for everyone but I always suggest giving nicer quality ones a chance if you can. r/cannedsardines has fancy recommendations but I don’t mind just the Season brand wild caught ones in olive oil for day to day! I eat a couple cans a week. Also good smashed on toast!

@oceanguy I’m a huge sardine eater too. Sprouts carries this Portuguese brand that’s smoked with a hint of lemon that is divine. Have you tried making it into a tuna salad? I’ve added a little diced red onion, Dijon, and pickled jalepenos or pepperocinis. It’s soo good and a nice alternative for tuna salad. But I mainly eat them straight outta the can :)

@intermediary Oh that sounds awesome, I’m going to look for the lemon ones!

I love Dijon mustard and red onion with them so I’ll have to try it. I often just pop them in a bowl and sprinkle Cajun seasoning on them or squirt mustard on them, out of sheer laziness. Next time I make a toast with them I’ll try it out, I have pickled jalepenos and pepperocinis in my fridge always too!

@dawn16 It’s fun to browse, there are sooo many nice brands and options now. I think it’s a bit of a rich person hobby that has become trendy which is good for quality and variety lol but that sub is really lovely and welcoming and not snobby which is great!

@oceanguy I’ve been on the sardine train for a while. I need to get into some more flavors rn though. The one challenge is the stink. I like it but I feel like I have to drain them outside lol or open a window.

@margent7 Yea my husband hates it but I don’t care lol. I do drain them into the sink with the water running if he’s home when I eat them but that’s the most effort I do haha. I grew up eating them and all kinds of canned fish with my dad so I’m very used to it!

If you’ve never tried kipper snacks (actually Herring) you should definitely give those a try too! They’re actually a bit less fishy and smelly I think

Back