What’s your ‘genius’ high protein snack/meal?

@1daughter1 Can you tell me more?! I am so curious to try this! I have a whole tub of Ghost Oreo protein powder that’s just been sitting because I don’t like it mixed with milk/water… and I feel like this microwave cake hack could be my solution?

@amulya I do 1/2 cup Kodiak cake, 1/2 almond milk and scoop or so of protein powder. You could probably do more or less, sometimes protein powder is heavy in my stomach so I do less but you could experiment. 1:30 on the microwave in a big mug. Kodiak also has muffin recipes that I bet would be good with some of that added, but the mug might be good to experiment on how much you like mixed in.

Also try mixing that powder into Greek yogurt!

@amulya 53g Kodiak pancake mix, 1 scoop protein powder, 1 tsp baking powder, 1/2 cup of water. Mix in a large bowl and microwave for 2 minutes. Add 50g frozen berries (microwaved for 30 sec) and 10g peanut butter on top. Finish with low calorie maple syrup. You will feel like you’re having a cheat meal, but you’re not. It’s 350-400 cals and 38g protein.

I’ve changed it up a little lately by adding 15g of Vital Proteins flavored Collagen powder to mine with 15g of regular protein powder (half and half) and I love the texture of it with the collagen powder. It makes it moist and fluffy, which I love. I also find the collagen protein to be a little more filling than whey. But keep in mind, collagen protein doesn’t count towards your daily protein goal. I tend to overshoot on my protein intake, so this works for me.

If you just use the protein powder alone, it’s still really good, just a bit dry on the texture, so you can use a little more syrup to compensate for the dryness.

@matthewof1989 You don't have to cook it but you can.

For the recipe I listed, I just drain it and mash it all together.

When I do cook it, it's briefly like just scooping it into soup that has been raised to temp.

Also, if you freeze any type of soft curd tofu, upon defrosting, it gets a meatier texture, like a flavor sponge. The water in the tofu expands and creates pockets. This I will use in braising, stewing, stir fry...general saucier preps.

@matthewof1989 silken tofu falls apart easily so you have to be gentle. It's a great additive to non-creamy soups. I recommend adding at the end in large cubes and then heat for a few minutes till he entire pot is warm again.

@nilsa Protein french toast. You make a batter using eggs, cinnamon, protein powder and milk. Soak the bread in it. Fry it up and top with Nutella (or Proteinella) and add a drizzle of low cal maple syrup, fresh fruit, whatever you want. I make mine dairy and gluten free, and with low cal oil. Tastes like a dessert but the macros are giving high protein breakfast 😍

Back