What workout videos do you find yourself returning to?

hb3

(tl;dr - the question in the title lol)

So before I became serious about strength training and learned the importance of progressive overload, I suffered from a severe case of what I would call f*ck-around-itis. Basically just doing random workouts I found online, like the ones on fitness influencer IG with or random videos on youtube with clickbait titles.

I started following Caroline Girvan’s programs in September 2020 which meant obviously I was doing new videos all the time (while benefitting from the progressive overload implemented in the programs). In general this is pretty important for home workouts, so you aren’t just repeating the same workout over and over, especially if you have a very limited selection of weights/equipment at your disposal. However I feel like for some things it can actually be useful to return to the same video over and over. Like flexibility, cardio, or using really tough videos as finishers, for instance.

Some of the videos I find I’ve returned to most are more popular than others, which lead me to wonder what “hidden gems” other people incorporate into their routine. Some of my personal favorites:

-saturnomovement core compression yoga routine (good combo of strength and flexibility, helps you work on a lot of skills and to engage core, seriously recommend)

-caroline girvan unwind full body stretch
and tbh any of her cardio videos

-jenna kulacz 6 minute 6 pack workout (ik kinda clickbait-y title but it’s one of those videos that really never gets “easy”)

@hb3 I have a favorite thirty-minute power yoga video from SarahBethYoga that I do every couple of weeks, especially when my body needs to get moving and feel strong, but I'm dragging my feet a little bit. The activation energy to get started feels much lower than running or going to the gym, but once I'm in it, the deep thigh work gets me feeling powerful and motivated so fast!

@hb3 Maybe a little niche, but I love doing hypopressive flows for core strength/overall pelvic floor health. This is my favorite flow (bonus that it's at the beach so fun to look at) and I do it often.

This channel also has instructional videos if you're looking to get started with hypopressives.

@hb3 I've had a beachbody membership for years...I can always go back to LIIFT4 when I'm in a funk or bored trying to figure out what I want to work on next.

@hb3 For channels, I like Buff Dudes. They are entertaining.

My favorite video though us from Alan Thrall. His deadlift tutorial is one of the best I have seen.

@hb3

It's super specific but I injured my lower back as a teen and this routine saved my life. Quick, simple, incredibly targeted, and effective.

I used to not be able to do heavy ab/core workouts without irritating my back and this completely solved that.

I do this at least every other day, and I start to feel it if I slack off.

@hb3 Don't laugh, but one of the things I missed the most during lockdown was my group step aerobics classes. So I bought myself a step and now I do it in my basement. I love the videos by Giana Storey on YouTube. She puts out new videos all the time, so I never have to repeat them, and they're all freestyle, so you never know what you're going to get. I also enjoy HASfit.

@hb3 Sydney Cummings is amazing. I've been following her workouts for 6 months now and even though I'm at home still (gyms open but I've decided to continue working out at home for now), my body is transformed. It's really effective!

@hb3 YouTube channel from an instructor, Move With Nicole! Excellent videos from 20 minutes to an hour with a focus on barre and pilates! Her videos are both calming and challenging at the same time. She also has beginner friendly to intermediate videos!

Back