X-post r/progresspics: 25/5'2"/170-125-130: fat to skinny fat to fit. 4 years

@dawn16 I love it so far! But I just wanna make sure you understand I've only been on it for a week, haha. Not nearly long enough to measure results. That said I think it's a great program with fantastic resources :)

@oceanskk Man, this is so inspiring. Your before stats are pretty similar to where I started, I'm just a little shorter and weigh a little less. Your after picture is exactly what I'm aiming for. I have had issues with disordered eating in the past, and I find that tracking actually helps me. Instead of going in with the mindset "only eat this much", I go in with "eat at least this much". That helps a lot. It's been difficult lately because I've been lifting heavy and doing a lot of cardio, so I have to eat a lot more to fuel that, but so far so good. It's nice to see the excellent results of someone else with similar circumstances.

I'm actually moving to South Korea with my husband in April to teach English. Any tips on staying fit when acclimating to a new country? Again, congrats!

@jennafrazier965 Here in Korea there are tons of gyms, Crossfit is becoming more and more popular, and there are even commercial diet food places that you can subscribe to who will deliver all of your food for the day within a certain calorie limit. Hiking and running groups are everywhere, too. Feel free to PM me if you have any Korea questions!

@stephenwomble Awesome, thanks! We are going to be very much in the middle of nowhere on the eastern coast in Gyeongsangbuk-do, so I'm not really sure how much of that we'll have access to. I do know that there is a really nice and inexpensive gym where we'll be (there is a power plant in our town and that comes with a lot of benefits for the town) and an outdoor bouldering wall nearby. Plus the East Sea and lots of places to bike. It's just a matter of getting my gamer husband on board with me, lol.

@jennafrazier965 Oh my gosh I love that tracking works for you :) disordered eating is awful and painful and such a burden, but it's so great when you're able to find a balance and unlock a system that just works for you. Congrats :)

But like I kind of touched on... Moving to a new country where I couldn't rely on gimmicks made it all that much easier for me. All I had were a few pair of dumbbells, some Jillian Michaels/P90X/Insanity DVDs, and a track right outside my apartment. That's all I needed to get started! I also found that transitioning to working out daily was actually easier when I revamped my whole life, haha. I was no longer trying to fit my workouts into an already established life - I had the choice to create an entirely different, new lifestyle - fortunately I chose to prioritize fitness early on and before I knew it, it was a routine!

As far as diet... I mean, I eat paleo now, but I lost 45 lbs eating white rice every day. Tracking may be hard in S.Korea if you don't speak/read the language, so try to make meals at home, but when you eat out, the common sense stuff still works :)