YOU WHO CAN PLANCHE: What was you training plan?

The straddle planche is quite a step down from full. That being said his achievement was very impressive. I'm pretty sure Lachlan Walker achieves his full planche at like 6'1" and 85 kg but his capacity to work is insane. Probably that biggest guy ever to do a full planche.

@redders12 Front lever is possible at that weight and height. Dominik Sky just released a video showing a guy at 90 kg and 190 cm performing a strong front lever. Don't let one move hold you back!

@dawn16 This dude 88erik on Instagram is huge and can do a full planche. Seems all around strong as hell though and an outlier not the rule.

Really? I'm doing the straddle front lever right now, and it doesn't seem too far off from the full front lever in all honesty

Edit: I know those aren't the same movement, but the same principle applies

Front level is achievable at most reasonable weights and heights. Planche is a step up in terms of strength required.

@dawn16 Yeah, I knew that 30 sec stuff was BS. I can do >5 straight-legged muscle ups, and only about 12 dead hang perfect wide pullups.

I am 5'8" (173 cm) and 155 lbs (70 kg). So there's hope ;)

What do you mean "3x per week, but among other exercises so 6x?"

Also, how the hell do you recover in like 2 days from such intense training? Is it ok to be sore from last workout when you train?
If so, how can you tell when you've recovered?

How much rest between sets?

How long did it take you to get to the planche? I wanna know that you aren't one of those dudes who gets the adv. tuck in weeks and the straddle in a couple months... to know your training style really works.

P.S. I like your style ;)

Thank you for the info!

@praylove EThose stats are good, very much within the achievable range.

I should have made it clearer. I was training planche 3-4 times a week but was also doing other strength training exercises for a total of 6 days a week. It's just a bit of a grind really. Took me 4 months of intense training to go from a strong advanced tuck to full planche.

To be honest I think I could have trained even more. I wasn't getting sore after training at all as high intensity planche should focus on neuromuscular adaptations rather than getting bigger shoulders etc. Just take a days rest, even if you are still sore it should be ok to train again. If I ever try to get full planche again, I'll train 4 or 5 days a week.

Where's your planche at right now?

@praylove 7 seconds is fine, move onto advanced tuck now. Depending on how well conditioned your tendons are, move onto the next progression when you can hold the previous one for 3-5 seconds. Anything more than that is pointless imo.

@praylove Every time you train planche, you'll get used to the high intensity pretty quick if all goes to plan. If you start to feel any pain or tendon stress, reduce the intensity back down and have a break if necessary. I took a 3 week break from planche and it was just as strong when I started again.

@dawn16 How does this sound for a plan:

3-5x3-8 seconds Planche progression hold
3-4x3-5 reps Planche progression pushups

And this 3x per week? Is that enough volume?

@dawn16 Damn, pretty impressive dude. Your form for the full planche is off but I can't deny your progress. Everything you've said seems counter to other things I've read. I can hold a ~10 second tuck planche right now but can't even begin to imagine how to approach the advanced tuck. I'm also a lot weaker than the OP in other regards (I can do like 1 one arm push up and can't do any muscle ups, levers, or any other stuff).

Tempted to try your method for fast tracking it to the planche. I guess I have the advantage of being 140 pounds and only 5'5" haha.

Thanks in any case for sharing!