100 Push-up Challenge at 50 BPM

@oscargraham I would replace pulldowns with pull-ups if you can do them. The muscular development difference when I switched was night and day. I would also add Leg Raises for core as plank will soon get too easy. Maybe pallof press if you have a pulley that is at chest height or somewhere to tie a resistance band. For lower body I would definitely do squats, bodyweight to start and later on loaded.

Take a look at the Recommended Routine from the wiki here. It covers everything and is beginner friendly.

@pinkyrose If you are doing 100 push-ups the first 50 are probably a warmup. It's the improper form problem. Even the slightest improper form will compound when you are pushing for 100 pushups in a row.

@alisha_b I messed up my shoulder doing hundreds of pull ups, doing a lot of the same excersize again and again grinds the joints in spefic spots, at least if the plan is to do 100 of any excersize it should be at least done with variations.

@roemknz That's the exact exercise as they do for PRMC (= potential royal marines corps) pushups test. I've gotten to 50 so far but it's really hard. Great exercise though since you can't cheat the reps.

@roemknz Would the better way to work up to this goal be to

a. First work up to be able to consistently do 100 pushups, then work on doing them at that speed?

or

b. Start by doing as many pushups as possible at that speed and slowly add more until I can do 100?

@zylogz80 If you want to be good at doing pushups slowly then I suggest you practice them slowly. If you want to be able to do many in an adrenaline rush of sorts, I’d work on getting the strength and endurance needed to just do 100