100 push ups + daily workout routine

suezq3

Wondering doing 100 pushups a day + normal workout routine will be too much for me. Watched a video about people doing 100 pushups a day for 30 days and seeing significant progress so it kinda inspired me to follow but worried if it will be overbearing for me.

My current workout routine are as follows:
1. Biceps curl ups (10 reps x 5 sets)
2. Alternating curl ups (10 reps x 5 sets)
3. Close grip press (10 reps x 3 sets)
4. Pushups (10 reps x 3 sets)
5. Squats (10 reps x 3 sets)
6. Dips (10 reps x 3 sets)
7. Pullups (10 reps)
8. Burpees (10 reps)

I've tried doing 100 pushups last night since i, haven't had the chance to exercise for 2 days due to diarrhea, and it felt really great. Saw my biceps/triceps puffed much bigger compared when I am doing my normal workout routine. So my plan is doing 100 pushups in the morning, and normal workout routine in the afternoon/night. Would like some insights if this could be done safely!

@suezq3 Watched Kboges sa youtube if you’re into daily workouts. Basically, he does variations of a movement pattern everyday. Less chance for an overuse injury

@suezq3 How many days have you been doing this?

I highly advise against any daily workouts, especially if you're hitting the same muscle group every single day. And if you're feeling so fresh everyday after doing that many reps the previous day for you're entire body, then that could be a sign that you already need to progress.

It might feel great now, but you'll just be getting diminishing returns in the long run. Muscle grows when you're resting - and when you're working out everyday, your muscle growth will be sub optimal because you're not giving your muscles enough time to repair and grow. Not to mention that sticking to a fixed 100 reps everyday will just make progression difficult, if not impossible.

If working out everyday is what gets you going though, then I highly suggest that you modify your workout so that you're not hitting the same muscle group everyday.

@goldtruth This actually happened to me. I've tried doing daily 100 pushups and crunches before and all I gotta say is I did feel stronger for a few weeks. However, after those first few weeks/months I started to notice that my arms slowly kept getting weaker with the pushups getting much harder.

@suezq3 It was more of the fatigue actually kicking in and you'd feel that if u do it long enough. I decided to rest it and not do it everyday

@suezq3 Every other day is good! Just make sure that you're not pushing through soreness and/or pain to the point where your output and performance is being affected, cause that's a clear sign that you need more rest.

Make sure you're progressing as well! If you don't have weights, then you can progress by using more challenging variations of bodyweight exercises. E.g. elevated push ups, pistol squats, hopping lunges, etc

@goldtruth
Just make sure that you're not pushing through soreness and/or pain to the point where your output and performance is being affected, cause that's a clear sign that you need more rest.

Will do! Actually nung first week ko (working oit for almost 2 months now), every after workout, sobrang sore ng body ko, but eventually the soreness goes away 1 hour after workout. I assume this is normal?

Make sure you're progressing as well! If you don't have weights,

I actually do have modular dumbells, i think max is at 40kg? As of right now, Im currently repping 6kg, but thinking of upping it to 8kg next week.

elevated push ups, pistol squats, hopping lunges, etc

Will do! My pushups are actually elevated, a redditor also recommended me wearing a backpack stacked with books as well, but haven't gotten tl it yet.