11-12 months in exercising barely any results…

@kitsoni I'm not sure what your routine looks like, but it could be multiple different reasons. Like others have said diet is super important. Are you getting enough protein for one.
There's a bunch of helpful tools HERE. I'd also recommend listening to the podcast that site has. You might find some really helpful tips.

Another concern that came to mind is... how heavy or close to failure are you lifting?

12 months is way long enough to see really good results, so long as you're following a good program and diet.

I'm glad you enjoy working out for more reasons than just looking good otherwise you probably would have given up long ago. And, I wouldn't blame you.

Make some corrections from this point forward and I have no doubt you'll be seeing results in no time.

@kitsoni You can not gain weight without a caloric surplus.
You can not lose weight without a caloric deficit.

It's thermodynamics, and there's no real exceptions. If you think you're in a deficit, but you're not losing weight, buy a food scale and start tracking your intake. I guarantee you're eating more than you think you are. You can't out-exercise a bad diet. Diet is going to be 95% of the journey.

Aside from this, arms and legs are usually the first to start showing results. And if you're tracking your exercises (weight, reps, sets) and progressively overloading (adding small increments in weight or reps) regularly, you'll at least be seeing results in strength. If this isn't the case, maybe it's time to hire a coach and have them show you how to implement all of this, because it can sometimes be hard for beginners.

@kitsoni most school gyms will have a free or low cost consultation with a personal trainer. I would seriously do a consultation at least or if you can swing it a couple sessions to make sure that what you are doing is actually going to get you the results you are looking for. They might point you to an exercise that will better help you achieve your goal or help you have better form to maximize your work outs. Also, have to count calorie and make better choices on what goes in to your body.

@kitsoni Your diet plays a MAJOR part. You can work out all day every day & will not get results if your diet is poor. Eat clean, get plenty of protein & water. And also take pictures every day or every week. The mirror will always show you what you truly look like. Best wishes!

@kitsoni do not listen to calorie counting advice. this is fuel for an ed, poor eating habits, & negative self image (especially if you’re young). deficits are fine, but don’t center yourself along that.

definitely try to hit your protein goals (find a way you like to get your protein in. i’m a picky eater so i understand the struggle of getting protein, but once you find ways you like, you’ll eat more of it and feel the difference) and vitamin/nutrient goals, as these give you the energy to exercise and build the muscle.

something that helped me was doing a bulk in late fall through winter, and cut in spring through summer. after that it’s maintenance (unless you have more specific bulk/cut goals to hit). some people do both at the same time but it takes longer to see results. also make sure you’re increasing the intensity of your workout as it becomes easier for you. whether it’s heavier weights, more reps, more difficult exercises, whatever it looks like for you. on the contrary, modifying to make exercises easier helped me at first. trying to do 10 pull-ups won’t be helpful if you’re not ready for them yet. meet yourself where you are and work your way up.

working on healing my perception of myself and focusing on what my body can do helped me notice the growth i had and kept me motivated & consistent. for example, how much more weight i could lift vs when i started, how long i could hold a plank now, how much easier running is for me, how much more flexible i am, cool things i’m now able to do (when i started i couldn’t even hold my body weight to do a rope swing), and how good i feel after working out. little measurements like that. consistency is key.

for me, cycle syncing my workouts also helped me a lot (which is what i do now). if you are female, different types of exercises work better for you at different points in your cycle (luteal, menstrual, follicular, and ovulatory phases) if that sounds like something you’d want to try, searching on pinterest has given me a good idea of what to do when. there’s also an app i have called 28 which is pretty good for that.

overall, what works for others may not work for you, and everyone’s results come at different times because our genetics and lifestyles are all different. keep going and find ways to get you to keep exercising even when you’re in a rut (ex: if i can’t get myself to run that day but ik i should do cardio, i’ll play just dance or jump rope or ride my bike or do a HIIT workout online) whatever keeps you going. wishing you luck, you’ve got this!

@kitsoni Diet, training and rest.
If your training is weak, forget, you will not see any results. I recommend a dose of David goggins for that one.

Diet, protein and creatine. Eat good and healthy food

And rest, you need sleep to recover. Stop staying in front of the screen till 4am.

@kitsoni What program are you on? If you aren’t I suggest getting on a program and sticking to it religiously.

Start tracking your food intake because you think your caloric deficit because your not eating as much. However I can tell you I can starve myself and eat only couple shitty meals and gain weight compared to when eating full meals with lots of meat and veggies I always loose weight even though I’m full after every meal and never really hungry throughout the day.

@kitsoni I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling discouraged, and it's understandable that you want to see progress after putting in consistent effort. Let's explore some potential factors that could be influencing your experience:

1. Nutrition:

• Nutrition plays a significant role in body composition. Even if you're working out regularly, if your diet isn't aligned with your goals, it can impact your results.
  • Assess your caloric intake, paying attention to the quality of food. Focus on a balanced diet with sufficient protein, healthy fats, and carbohydrates.
  • Consider consulting with a nutritionist who can provide personalized advice based on your dietary preferences and goals.

2. Caloric Surplus or Deficit:

• Depending on your fitness goals, you may need to adjust your caloric intake. Building muscle often requires a caloric surplus, while fat loss typically involves a caloric deficit.
  • If your goal is to tone and build muscle, you might need to ensure you're eating enough to support muscle growth.

3. Dedicated Ab Workouts:

• While spot reduction is not effective for fat loss, incorporating dedicated ab workouts can help strengthen and define your abdominal muscles. This, coupled with a well-rounded fitness routine, may contribute to a more toned appearance.

4. Rest and Recovery:

• Ensure you're allowing your body sufficient time to recover. Overtraining can hinder progress and may lead to fatigue and increased stress.

5. Consistency and Patience:

• Building a physique takes time, and results can vary among individuals. Be patient and consistent with your efforts. It's normal for changes to take longer than expected.

6. Relationship with Food:

• Addressing your relationship with food is crucial. Emotional eating or unhealthy eating habits can impact your overall well-being.
  • Seek support, whether it's from friends, family, or a professional, to establish a healthier relationship with food.

7. Consult a Fitness Professional:

• Consider seeking guidance from a fitness professional or personal trainer. They can assess your current routine, provide insights into potential areas for improvement, and create a more tailored workout plan.

8. Track Progress Beyond the Scale:

• Sometimes, changes might not be immediately apparent on the scale. Consider tracking other indicators of progress, such as measurements, photos, or how you feel during workouts.

9. Stress and Sleep:

• High stress levels and inadequate sleep can impact your body composition. Ensure you're managing stress and getting sufficient restorative sleep.

10. Medical Checkup:

• If you're following a healthy routine and not seeing the expected results, consider consulting with a healthcare professional to rule out any underlying medical issues.
Remember that everyone's fitness journey is unique, and comparison to others may not accurately reflect your own progress. Focus on your health, well-being, and how you feel rather than solely on external changes. If needed, consider enlisting the support of professionals who can provide personalized guidance based on your specific circumstances.

@kitsoni "i see all online is ppl with the dream body and achieved in like 6 months.."

This right here is the problem. Every single body adapts to exercise in a different way. What you see online is highly fabricated and false information. Don't compare yourself and do what you have been doing.

Ik this feels like a shitty suggestion but I speak from experience.

@kitsoni Ranked from most to least important

FOOD

Right Food Balance - It's all about calories in vs. calories out. Check a BMI Calculator online to see your ideal caloric intake. You might do well with more protein and fats, cutting down on carbs. Steer clear of anything processed – no microwave meals. Think protein first and use Google as a resource. Drink water before each meal. You can also have teas, coffee and so on, don't add sugars.

SLEEP

Quality Sleep, Low Stress - Recovery's key. Make sure to get your 8 hours and focus on quality sleep.

EXERCISE

Maybe get a trainer or a workout buddy (I’m currently working on a solution for this, DM for updates). If you want, post your workout routine; the community could offer advice on what to tweak, if needed.

You'll have ups and downs, we all do. Personal fitness and looks change, think of it more as a new lifestyle to adopt and not as a goal (no fit-looking person can stay fit without keeping at it...)

I hope that helps

@kitsoni If you're lifting, you're going to get bigger. It all depends on your goals. If you want to be fit and toned, then stop lifting weights- that's for bulking.
If you want fit and toned then focus more on lighter weights with higher reps moved with more cardio. On that note, the absolute best cardio you can do is sprinting. Not jogging- sprinting, as far as you can, as hard as you can, at least 5 days per week.
If you're going all out, which you should be, you won't get very far to begin with. That's a good thing, it means you're giving it all you have. The distance will grow and it'll get easier. Don't use a treadmill for this. Ok a treadmill, you're only keeping up with the machine. When actually running, you're propelling yourself, use more momentum and will acquire more toning results.
If you want muscle tone/abs and a lot of definition, that's how you get it. Oh, btw, it won't matter WHAT you eat or how much you consume. You'll burn it off easily.
Mix in some weight lifting for areas you want to be bigger (butt, etc).
I've been a runner (5 minute mile/ 3 miles in 18 minutes) for years. You'll reap physical benefits you can't get anywhere else and they'll literally last a lifetime.
Good luck.