Stuck at 4-6 pull-ups for months

@jabba1495 Do as many pull ups over a certain amount of sets. (Like 4x4 or sum) Then do negatives, pull yourself up then slowly go down, increase time as u get stronger. Try to add weight asap even like a weighted backpack. Hopefully this helps

@jabba1495 It seems to me like you're doing kboges pull up programm.. tried it and found better success with this.. its done every other day and not daily..

Reps day one 6,5,4,3,2
Day two 6,5,4,3,3
Three 6,5,4,4,3
Four 6,5,5,4,3
Five 6,6,5,4,3
Six 7,6,5,4,3
Keep the same Rep lay out until you hit say 12 reps, it can be 20reps, up to you, then do 5 sets of 10 reps for a month and just do form perfecting reps..

Rest is massively important, pull ups everyday is not good unless uv been training for 2 years or so (my opinion, could be wrong)..

I found this method way better at getting your overall rep Count up and quicker time frame too, rest 2 to 5mins between sets, I super set this with push ups

@jabba1495 Massively increase volume. You’re just not doing enough

Do 100 a day every 3rd day and see where you’re at. The first 100 might take you two hours, but you’ll start to get faster (and will likely start to be able to do more per set)

@jabba1495 Add to your program rows, and then weighted rows (back pack with plastic bottles works fine). If you have access to barbell weighted rows that has a good amount of carryover.l and you can do linear progression, (5x5 program).
Increase the volume of the pulling by doing 1 set of negatives 8 repa, and also 2 sets of band assisted.
Doing 2 extra sets of 8-10 reps of band assisted at 60-70-80% of your weight can do wonders in muscle development.
Train to failure only 1 session each 10-15 days, training to failure will make your recovery longer, you need to rest after that 48-72 hours.
Have a rest day between each training day, Ex. Mo, Rest, Wed, Rest, Friday, Rest, Sunday. Rest 48 hours after 7 training days.
Increase your protein intake to 1 gr / pound or 2 gr / kg. Eat some carbs before each workout.
Creatine will help you recovery and muscle saturation with glycogen (energy).
Concentrate on neutral grip first if you have it available, and switch the grip each session.

@jabba1495 Do you ever do assisted pull-ups at the end of a set of strict pull-ups. Like on day one when you go to failure have a band ready and do 4-5 more assisted.

@jabba1495 I can manage around 20 pull ups at 81kg but I am 28 you're very young so you won't be at your full strength potential but if you keep training you'll be better than me at 28. one thing I've found to help me with it is doing pullups more explosively since that my weighted pull ups have gone up and my bodyweight ones I also keep tension at the bottom through body weight and mix it up with full hang. I do other exercises, but my pullup routine is currently Monday 5x6 20kg weighted wednesday the same, and on Saturday, I do 10x11 reps. My goal is to add a rep each set per month. im almost ready 10x12. The current weighted goal is 40kg x5 reps. If you want more advice just message me. By all means, my numbers aren't astounding.

Also forgot to mention what's your diet ? Height? Caloric needs ? Are you eating in a surplus as this will help you progress faster than maintenance or a deficit. ?

@avillarini My diet is mostly animal foods (meat, cheese, milk, eggs) and as a carb source mostly pasta sometimes rice, also different fruit. Height is 185cm and im eating around maintenance or even a slight deficit sometimes but im trying to lose weight very gradually since it helps me with my other sports being leaner and my goal isnt really to put on a lot of mass for now

@jabba1495 Hi, firstly your form is amazing, keep it up!

Pull-ups are hard so it takes time to get good at them, just be patient and consistent!

There’s many ways you can increase reps but this is what helped me to increase my reps to >10, just my 2cents:

1) Increase frequency 5-7x per week
- on your “rest” days do isometric holds at the top, middle and at very bottom. Start at 10s and build up. Do that for 2-3 sets of 3-5 reps

2) incorporate VERY SLOW eccentric portions of the movement

3) do more dips and push-ups, yes I know they are pushing movements but upper body strength is upper body strength.

4) incorporate inverted rows as finishers

5) Some days just have a total rep target e.g 30 reps total, doesn’t matter how you get them just get there. Set a time, try beat it over time! Try target more reps!