[12-Week Challenge] Week 8 Update

@icocguy I've never stopped tracking intentionally, but I have gotten lazy before. Started tracking calories about a year ago but I took a break in December for holidays and in February when I was travelling for work. I gained weight both times (~5lbs) but it was pretty easy to lose again and really helped me mentally.

I figure I'm much more aware of nutrition now, what has high protein etc, so I'm going to try to stick to staples that have worked but just not worry about snacks / drinks when they happen. We'll see how it goes.

@maxicastag If you happen to find that it's not working out well for whatever reason, consider tracking just protein but not calories to make sure you are hitting the levels you need to make the lifting progress you are looking for.

@denice65 The second half of my week was much better than the first half. By Thursday, I was back on track to eating and working out consistently like I was doing before my weekend trips. I meal prepped for this coming week and hoping to see more progress like I was during weeks 1-5. Trying to remember that this will take time and will not be instant.

@denice65 Super hot weekend here in Toronto, and I didn't track any of my food or drinks this past weekend that was full of alcohol, mimosas, bbq, pancakes, ice cream AND menchies.. haha. It was great, but I'm definitely feeling the bloating and all the extra calories. Although it was nice cause usually when I get even slightly buzzed, I snack HARD, but I did not... so slight improvement there haha.

@creation61 Thanks for this post and keeping it real! Yes it was so hot and sticky! Had menchies as well haha dunno why though since I don't like yogurt but it was too hot and it was there so I ate it.

@denice65 I fell off the wagon (damn you pms/shark week!), ate a bunch, gained some weight and/or bloat. Feeling better now though. I decided to start strong curves again, so I'm on day 2 of that. Oh, the doms.

@denice65 I'm excited! I took progress photos today and there's definitely a difference. Mostly in my back and stomach. My goal was to lose 3% body fat, and I am pretty sure I'll be meeting that goal, if not surpassing it. I have a Bod Pod Assessment booked for June 13th, which isn't the end of this challenge, but is 12 weeks after my last assessment.

Sure, this isn't OMG PROGRESS!, but I'm going for slow and steady. I eat anywhere from 1900-2100 cals a day and just try to be consistent; make this a part of my daily routine. Eventually I'll get down to my long term goal of 23-25% body fat. It'll take me a while, but I'll get there.

Edit: Ok, seriously. I'm such a nerd, but I've been staring at that back progress and I can't really believe I've done that much in a month and a half. I've surprised myself. And I'm super giddy with pride and self satisfaction right now.