3.5 months in our local box. New to this sub. 26/f. Any ladies in this sub?

p1saint2

I have already lost 25 pounds and stronger than I have ever been before. Wore a bikini to the pool for the first time in 6 years. Is this a good place to post before/after pics? How strong is this sub? Any new people to cross fit?

@yohannessheep You are a hero! You should post. Starting crossfit at almost 40 make you a role model :). How inspiring! You have the guts to do what many don't. Please do post more.

@cadi I started Crossfit 2 weeks before my 45th birthday. I must be a grand Poobah, then. :)

Funny story---one of the younger girls at my box asked me to talk to her mom about Crossfit. "You know, to explain that it's not just young people who do it."

::sad trombone::

@p1saint2 Hi! Happy to hear of the weight loss and strength gains. 22/f and been CFing 11 months (today, actually.) This is a strongish sub but can get downvote happy. But like what was said before, we love our before and afters. Welcome!

@p1saint2 38 cis female, just hit my 2 year old CrossFit anniversary. Lost 85 pounds in a year doing 4x a week CrossFit. The year prior, I worked 4x a week with a personal trainer and also did an hour on the elliptical or treadmill, gained several percentages of body fat so I can definitely say it was "CrossFit" weight loss.

Just to keep perspective, CrossFit year one: 85 pounds down on the scale, from a size 20 to a size 12.
Crossfit year two: gained 10 pounds, went from a size 12 to a size 6.

@dreamer6424 39/F, here. Thank you for sharing that! I lost 70 lbs in about a year, a year ago. Started Crossfit in October and lost a few more pounds but lately the scale has been inching up while I feel like I still "look" like I am getting smaller. Clearly I need to do measurements again....but it really helps to hear that I may not be crazy.

Back