4 years of hard work

@silsophi You have a problem ... you look a lot at instagram bodybuilding influencers who are enhanced and lean all year round and believe that this is the norm for the average natural male with 4 years of training.

I saw the picture, and you look like an average male who's been training for 4 years ... come on. do you really think that you look untrained ... wtf

I would say some people are genetically gifted at getting, staying lean ... but most are not (yeah life is unfair) ... but that's not a big deal ..

train hard and do scheduled cuts (not long ones) every while and over the course of few cuts you would find yourself much leaner .. but don't stress about it ... as long as you're not planning to participate in a bodybuilding contest .. you're good

@silsophi Damn that sucks. Ah well. Genetics is a bell curve. There's people with great genetics & people who will never look particularly impressive. Maybe there's another hobby that can fulfill your interests

@silsophi First things first man. Get the fuck off socials for a good long while. And don't give me the bullshit of "I use socials for communication". Anyone who gives a shit about you or vice versa they should have a way to contact you if need be. Secondly once that's done do some self reflection and find out what you REALLY want out of your fitness lifestyle. Once I got off socials(especially IG) and found what really made me happy I found a new love for fitness and myself. Not everyone is meant to be fucking jacked at 4%bf year round with a perfect symmetrical physique. Find YOUR happiness in fitness outside of what you see in the mirror, bc no amount of gear and "looking juicy bro" is going to make you feel better.

@kidwboro I’m not saying that you need to lift like him, I just mean that you need to understand his philosophy. Train 4 days per week or less with less than 10 sets per week of each muscle. Train to absolute failure on each set with minimal warm-up sets and make sure your reps or weight are increasing from session to session

@silsophi I think a week off every two months is not necessary. And if it really is then you may not be focusing enough on recovery between workouts or your intensity or volume is too high. And a cycle of gear is worthless. If it works you won't do just one, you'll be hooked. And if it doesn't you'll be dealing with the after effects longer than you realize. Focus on recovery, focus on the movements themselves. Eat good, sleep good and the rest will take care of itself with time.

@silsophi I just think we’re horribly caught up in all of the fake natties on our feeds that we forget that progress is a painfully slow process.
And I looked at the picture.
You’re not small or flabby by any means.
Just have huge expectations.. (we all do, probably)
Keep it up man:)

@silsophi My physique really peaked at year 7 after a cut, so keep going. It takes longer than you think but you must NOT let your foot off the accelerator. Thats the only way impressive natural physiques are made.

The secret is to understand that being jacked isn’t nearly as valuable or as important in real life as you think and its especially not important enough to do steroids. The reward isn’t worth the risk and hastle that comes with steroid use. You look better than most people now, being 10% more jacked and a bit shredded won’t change your life.

@silsophi Its nice that all of the comments are that he looks good natty and he does for average joe looking the picture but OP like everyone else wanna look like a guy from cover of bodybuilding magazine and for that he as 99% of us needs gear.
I see the same things in my gym,young boys that are newbies made more progress on gear for one year of lifting than most of the guys that are lifting for 10 years,
So its a solid question, do you wanna look like cover magazine bb and risk on your health or stay natural and look good but not on the level you have in your head

@silsophi The thing to understand is that guys like Jeff Nippard are the exception of the guy exception. That’s not the average physique for a natty bodybuilder.

Anyways, I’d suggest trying different things with volume, frequency, splits, meals, etc if you are not getting results

@silsophi If the issue is how you look with clothing, try finding some outfits that compliment your physique. Wear shirts that are tighter around the arms and chest to accentuate your body.

As for the rest, I agree with everyone that it’s body dysmorphia. Try being more positive about your body. Say, “look at how far I’ve come” instead of “look at how far I have left to go”.

You feel like you have made no progress because you admit that you are comparing yourselves to people who take steroids. And I should remind you, that steroids make your hormone levels many times higher than even the most genetically gifted natural athlete. There is no sense comparing yourself to them. Unfollow those people! Better yet, take a break from social media for a while. Spend time with your friends in person and recalibrate what the “average” physique looks like.

Steroids are not something you should do because you feel crappy about your body. This is a psychological issue that steroids will not solve. They will not make you feel better about your body. It might even kick off a cycle of steroid abuse which can have drastic consequences for your body.

Try talking to friends or a therapist about this. Work on developing coping skills that help ease moments of acute distress. In my experience, deep breathing works well but there are many others out there.

Try finding other forms of physical activity that aren’t about developing your physique but instead make you feel good; that could be yoga, sports with friends, even a simple walk.

I am sorry you are feeling poorly about yourself and I hope some of this advice helps. Take care brother ✌️

@silsophi I say pick three muscles to really hammer for one whole year. Obviously train your body with balance but if you prioritize 2-3 muscle groups with extreme volume and intensity for an entire year, and do that every year with different muscles I bet your physique would definitely change. Str8 broscience but whatever lol

Back