A bodybuilder's experience going from weights only to calisthenics-based training

@webslave I was still debating if I wanted to train only calisthenics or mix in weightlifting with calisthenics but after reading your post looks like just calisthenics might be the way to go

@webslave Thanks for sharing /@webslave . Started my journey 2 weeks ago...

Do you do anything specific for forearms? My biceps and forearms are my weakest points so your bicep progress is of interest to me.

@saviour I don't do anything specific for forearms. Doing heavy pull-ups will naturally contribute in this regard.

For biceps i prefer bicep-focused chin-ups (don't arch your back - keep arms in front) and bodyweight ring curls.

@webslave
I have finally achieved 18-inch arms despite being stuck at 17 inches for more than 4 years at the gym.

I don't know why but this part was the coolest for me to read. It's funny how we all think calisthenics isn't good for mass gains at first but ironically, THAT'S what helped you break the plateau. 😂👏. Congrats on your new gains!

@jermyn The struggle is real 🤣

Don't know if it is the arm training in specific or just the fact the tri's/bi's play a massive role in every calisthenics movement you do

@webslave Principals always the same, no matter which tool u use, barbell are much simpler snd faster way to gain muscle mass or achieve strength goals due to simple progressive overload compared to other methods;

Majority of novice trainees need easy to follow program, easy to see results, and low effort entry, when thy build the habit- it does not matter

@webslave Is there any reason you aren’t doing push-ups on your push day? My dip bar is too wide and hurts my shoulder . I love the pump push ups but what about weighted vest push ups?

@sweetpsalmist It is just a matter of preference. I do push-ups during warm-up and at the end of my heavy push days. I love push ups as they are probably the most convenient exercise of all. I just feel that dips are way more challenging especially with added weight.

@webslave I still do machines but I realized it’s a lot better in on my joints to ditch the barbells ( especially bench press ) still kept size and muscle.

@webslave Hi i want to switch from body building to calisthenics. Are there any pointers or guides you have prepared that I can follow? I’ve been finding answers in the internet and I can’t find something that is concise and easy to follow