"A new era in CrossFit Games rankings has begun"

@hjb Hiller and Sevan are taking time out of their day to bring legitimacy to a sport and methodology we all love. The poll they are part of is objectively more accurate than CrossFit’s own attempt. They should be applauded.

@grace4nan I recognize 3 names on that list. 2 of which I discount immediately because of who they are. Who are these jokers? This looks like a group of wanna-be-pundits trying to make themselves into actual pundits and important.

@antcart I do agree that the voters a strange mix of people... some I have not even heard of.

IG had links to them (I hate it when an IG post/story has more info than an article):

Thanks to those who submitted their ballot:
@texxess
@johnyoung.crossfit
@hillerfit
@sevanrinsta
@chaseingraham
@barclay.dale
@amandahari
@digitalderekz
@sarabeast

@coffeepodsnwods
@cschroeder111

But B. Spin has been doing some heavy lifing in this space for a good while now, basically almost more than HQ media, that's why I decided to spread the word, I respect his efforts! https://thebarbellspin.com

@antcart So you want to just keep hearing from the same experts and never have anyone new enter the space? I’m flattered I was asked and I’m happy it’s a fresh list of people and not the same 5 or 6 people it always is. Sorry you’re butthurt that it’s not your usual line up

@antcart I don’t really get why this thread has so much hatred/negativity. I also don’t get how you can only recognise 3 names on that list if you are actually into CF- there is only 2 names I am not familiar with- the rest I and a lot of other people know well in the space, simply because they put a lot of work, time and energy into this space and they are good at what they do. Whether or not you like them as people is irrelevant. Whether or not you can recognise them is also irrelevant.

@jmb1990 Well, the article makes no effort to communicate who those people are and why should I give a shit on their ranking/votes. AP poll for the NCAA? I know why I could care/give that ranking some weight? This one? I can ask 15 people at my gym and get an equally valid list, IMO.

@antcart So because you don’t know or care to find out who the people asked in the list are - makes it invalid? I think spin was working under the assumption that people reading would either know who some of the contributors are or would accept his inclusion of them. Of the list, as a randomly chosen metric, there’s around 800 podcasts on the sport of CrossFit as either host or guest analyst and that’s excluding Sevan’s numbers because they’re frankly astronomical and would make the stat seem made up

@johnjohnson55 Perhaps you could have spend some time in the article to give me a reason to give these people's opinion any weight. This isn't the AP poll. This is random list of bullshit.

Back