"A new era in CrossFit Games rankings has begun"

@lawforchrist You legit stated “I was part of the bottom of the barrel that was scraped to create a poll.” And then you went on to say “why were those three not included”, which infers they have more to offer. In every way that is exactly what you said. And then you prove your point stating I’m toxic without saying why. Your turn.

@lawforchrist I don’t normally get involved in these unnecessarily argumentative posts but could not help myself after reading some of these comments. First off, it’s a poll- everyone just needs to calm down. It’s fun, it’s interactive, it’s a nice idea and it’s cool to see what happens at the end of the season. Not sure why this has suddenly become a negative thing.

Second- you call Hiller toxic and divisive but you literally shat on everyone on that list simply because of your perception of one or two people on that list and called them ‘bottom of the barrel’. If you deem what Hiller does as toxic, what do you call this then?

Your personal dislike towards someone seems to cloud your view on how well-versed/competent they are in their knowledge of CF or CF Games. Plus, as I said- it’s supposed to be a fun and engaging thing. No need to bring in any negativity into this.

@jmb1990 I said it'd be nice to have reputable names on that list, as in they have a reputation for being knowledgeable about the sport. As many other comments on this post state, nobody knows who most of those people are. They are not reputable names. They are also not media personalities or analysts like the article claims them to be.

Hiller is toxic and divisive and he will tell you that himself. He has admitted it plenty of times because controversial content is what gets clicks/makes money and he doesn't care that he's putting out garbage or how his content affects the greater community. You can see that in his reply to my original comment.

I do not care how much Hiller - or Sevan for that matter - knows about the sport of crossfit. They draw vastly more negative attention than positive and give this sport a bad name purely for the sake of profit.

And for the record: calling out toxicity is necessary to keeping a peaceful and respectful space. The paradox of tolerance.

Back