"A new era in CrossFit Games rankings has begun"

@grace4nan Man they really had to scrape the bottom of the barrel for this poll, huh? While I think this could have been a good step for the sport of crossfit, they really fumbled hard on who they're calling media personalities/analysts. Get some reputable names in there and this could be a useful and interesting metric like the AP polls.

Also definitely makes me miss the golden era of crossfit when people like ArmenHammerTV and Obese to Beast were still making content and there was actual discourse to be had, instead of whatever vomitous ragebait Hiller has put out this week.

@grace4nan The OGs - Froning, Khalipa, Bridges, Fraser, Hackenbruck.

Plus people who actually get media passes/people who just consistently put out good and interesting commentary - Craig Richey, Wykie Etsbeth, Nate Edwardson, Beth Robinson.

Add in some full time writers from BarBend, Morning Chalk Up, BoxRox, TEF.

Edit: How could I forget Brian Friend, who has actually been doing his own rankings already.

Obviously there's plenty of bias there by people who sponsor/coach their own athletes, but imo that'd be a pretty comprehensive list of actual media.

@lawforchrist What have you done to contribute to the sport of CrossFit? Given you just stated that Richey, Nate and Sporty Beth should be included in the poll, shows how out of touch you are. To think they should be included is the funniest thing I've read on this sub haha

@grace4nan Nate Edwardson is more into golf these days, and his golf channel appears to be more successful than his CrossFit one ever was.

There are also quite a few others like Kettlebells and Cocktails, Jason CF Media, and others, not to mention media content creators from groups like TTT, Invictus, Mayhem, etc.

@johnjohnson55 Everyone is biased. I could say the the list is biased toward Americans because few Europeans (only one I think) voted, as evidenced by Alex Kazan (too high) and Gabi Migala (too low). I would trust the opinions of many of the individuals (in the media or the coaches) in the training camps than some of those balloted.

If you have large enough number of people voting, the biases even out.

@lawforchrist Coming from someone who thinks Nate Edwardson / Richey / Beth know more about CrossFit? While they could certainly be included in this poll (which kind of is the point) I would fuck them up in CF intel/knowledge/history/trivia any day of the week.

Back