Am I doing it OK?

amkerman

I'm following the /r/bodyweightfitness routine. That's 3 days a week of:
  • squats / V-Sit (3x5-8 reps with 90s rest each)
  • Push-ups / Rows (3x5-8 reps with 90s rest each)
My diet has been something like this during these 4 weeks:
  • Breakfast: muesli like cereals with soy milk
  • Lunch: pasta/rice with vegetables (pimentos, eggplant, onion, garlic and sometimes home-made vegan chorizo)
  • break (I don't know its name): same as breakfast
  • Dinner: like 6 toasts with humus and maybe a glass of soy milk with cacao.
My lunch and dinner is not always the same, but that's what I usually eat.

I'm trying to gain muscle and my weight is ~65-70kg

I'd like to know your thoughts.

@lovegod1989 Thank you!! This is my result:

These macronutrient values reflect your bulking calories of 3,123 calories per day, which is +500 calories per day from your maintenance of 2,623 calories per day.

I have no idea of calories. Seeing my diet (I eat a lot) would you say I can get it easily?

What about fats/carbs/protein intake? Should I care about it?

I think I'll search some video or something. I'm an ignorant about nutrition :\

@amkerman Yea you'll need to download a calorie tracker app and use it for a month to get used to seeing what 3100 calories looks like. Next check out this his videos who's bulking right now

@amkerman If you are following their bodyweight fitness routine, it is much more than just those four exercises. You should look at their recommended routine.

@amkerman The strength work is the real workout; it consists of three, 2 exercise sessions. This is a much easier to see reference. You should also REALLY do the stretching and skill work; it can be done daily depending on your fitness level.

I am a lurker over there and have started with this routine. I have since added weights and shifting a few things, but this is a great program.

@amkerman You need to resistance train with weights ( and learn to lift harder than you can imagine) and eat much much more if you want to gain LMM even a little bit quickly.

Or conversely... eating such a light diet cal-wise doing bodyweight exercises is going to be very difficult to gain LMM

Lol yet again by down votes from people who don't know anything about working out. Vegan fitness is good for that :)

I'm sure this guy can bulk up very quickly doing bodyweight fitness eating that slight diet he has vs weights and eating a shit-ton. I'm sure in two months we will see a before and after picture and be impressed with his 10+ LMM gains.

What would I know? I've only been at this for 30+ years and have achieved significant levels athletically and physique wise.

Good luck OP. Prove me wrong, I'll be the first to congratulate you making significant gains on a bodyweight program

@patrickmiller Agree on the nutrition part. Not sure about your opinion that one needs weight. The BWW community here on Reddit is not proof enough for you that it works without weights?

@patrickmiller Completely agree here. If you want to gain lean body mass you have to give your body a reason to do it, by lifting heavy weights. Progressive overload and good nutrition is the key.

If you're skeptical of his advice, just go back through some of his posts and find some physique photos.