Did anybody stop short of their weight loss goals because they realized they liked their body at a higher weight?

@dawn16 Where did they get that number as an ideal weight for you? I’m glad you stopped when YOU felt you were at your ideal. Focusing on that number on the scale can get so dicey when you’re already at a healthy range.

@camelknees33 There’s a couple formulas that estimate “ideal weight”. The Robinson, Miller, Hamwi, etc. Probably the trainer looked at one of those. Honestly, I don’t think those numbers say anything about health. Humans are too varied to have an “ideal weight”. I haven’t been 119 since middle school I think and that’s fine by me!

@camelknees33 Who even knows, I did the handheld body fat scanner that we all know are inaccurate, and she input all my stats into their computer program and that's what it spit out as having an "athletic, lean" build and what she told me to shoot for. I was pretty skeptical, I haven't been that small since college, and I was right to be.

@voicecho Same! I’m 5’8.5 and in theory my “ideal weight” according to those calculators is somewhere around 140. The only time I was ever close to that as an adult was when I was training and competing intensely as a collegiate athlete, and the lowest weight I saw was 141 (after two weeks of illness). My coaches and teammates started making concerned comments. I look, feel, and perform way better 5-10 pounds above this. Some of us are just heavier.

@jfls45 5'8" and large framed here. "Fighting weight" has always been in the 150s.... maintainable, have good energy, good performance on the bike, didn't get too cold all the time. Now that I've been lifting semi regularly for a couple years as well I'm def taking up less space at those weights than ever.

I hit 140 for a bit in college and my period became hit or miss and sleep was pretty jacked up. Overall performance just seemed more 'brittle' and inconsistent, nagging injuries more common. Bleh. I'll pass.

@jfls45 I’m between 5’7 and 8, my lowest weight was last year at 145, and everyone said I looked tiny and anorexic so yeah i don’t understand lmao. numbers exhaust me

@jfls45 That seems crazy low. I'm 5'5" and my (personal) ideal weight is around 135. I only get pudgy around 150 (155 is my cutoff for normal vs overweight BMI).

@voicecho Same here!! I like myself best at the higher end of the normal BMI range. For me, I am muscular and have broad shoulders. So to be frank, I like having boobs to look more feminine. When I get too skinny, I lose my boobs 🤷🏻‍♀️

@wedemars Yeah, pre pregnancy I wanted to get to 68 kg, but stopped at 73 bc I looked better than at 68! Had good muscle toning etc.

I'm right now trying to get back to that. :)

@wedemars Yes! I am also 5'4" and most of my adult life have been 120, but after I started working out I actually wanted to gain weight. I am currently at 129 and I'm very happy with how I look. I've gained some muscle but I am not a big fan of the very lean and muscular look for me personally,, I have a little bit of body fat which I think looks good, I still have boobs and a big booty. Sometimes I feel alone in the fact that I feel better this way!

I have also realized that I tend to not eat when I'm stressed or just put off eating in general, and my husband eventually said to me that he thinks I've been undereating slightly for most of my life. Makes sense as the only other time in my life I gained a little weight was when I took time off in college and lived in Spain for a while, mostly stress free!

Anyway I am super happy right now eating more, working out more, and weighing more, I don't plan to change!