Before and After pics after 4-5 Years of Calisthenics

@dawn16 I do (occasionally haha) - mostly pistol squats (one legged squats) and when I started training in high school, I played hockey as a goalie, so that was mostly my leg training as you constantly butterfly to your knees and get back up. Because of this I didn’t focus too much on legs during calisthenics training, I can post pics if you’d like

@reress I do - mostly pistol squats (one legged squats) but most of my leg “training” was playing hockey as a goalie in high school. Now that I don’t play anymore, I definitely need to train legs more tbh

@beckah977 Thanks dude. This is really inspiring!

Turns out I've adapted the same exact training routine as yours! I come from an athletic background. I did taekwondo for 8 years. Then I was diagnosed with a really shitty autoimmune disease that kept me from any even slightly physical activity. It took me 2 years to get it into remission and by then I was nothing but bones and skin. I weighed 46 kgs at 170 cm of height. So I worked out for a year in the gym in a really light manner and a few months ago I decided to start calisthenics.

And since my wrists, tendons and muscles are used to this kind of stuff I too ended up adapting a greese the groove training routine. I didn't know at the time that that was the term for it. I just couldn't keep myself from practicing planches and front lever holds all day long. Everytime I'd pass by my pull up bar I'd get stuck there for 20 minutes.

1.5 months ago I could barely hold a tuck front lever and now I can do a near perfect form 1 leg fron lever for 10 seconds. Also gained 3 kgs.

Your post is really reassuring I have never found anyone on this sub that workouts like I do and I started thinking that maybe it's the wrong approach, but seeing your progress really made me feel better and more motivated. So thanks again.

@beckah977 Very inspiring. I (56, M) recently found a routine I have settled into. In-and-Outs and Flutter Kicks 3X a week (T, Th, S), push-ups and bodyweight squats 3X a week (M, W, F). When I started my routine, I was 6' even and weighed 255 lbs. I now weigh 212, a loss of 43 pounds since starting my routine a couple of months ago. When I began, I couldn't even do one push-up. Now I can do two sets of 10. For now, it's two sets of 10 push-ups until I get stronger, and two sets of 20 bodyweight squats. Sometimes I'll squeeze out a quick set of 10 squats at some point in the day apart from my routine. Today, I started yoga for flexibility. I found that my body was real tight from years of not stretching and letting myself go. But I'm not giving up on my goal of greater strength and flexibility! As I advance in my training I will incorporate additional exercises and yoga.

@ministrymat Hahah well when I started off I was in high school so I would train daily after school - now with a full time job I don’t have as much time but I still try to train as much as I can

@beckah977 You say you don't have a strict/specific diet, but I'd be interested to know more. If you generally eat clean, or rely on your age and training to ballance out a crap diet.

@beckah977 You are incredibly lean as well. I think if I had those abs, they wouldn't be visible. I have been hitting the gym and doing cardio regularly for about 3 months and my belly got slimmer, but definitely still a chubby belly.