Body weight DOES translate to lifting gains

@rightway16 Hell yea! I went back to lift weights after ~1 year of BWF and was lifting slightly above my max from years ago. I still lift sparingly, but whenever I stall I just go back to BWF and it always helps me bust out more weight whenever I get back to the gym.

@renjus I don’t try to fit it into a certain time window but generally it’s about an hour. I work at a farm so if I had to move hay that day I may take it a little slower

@rightway16 So glad you shared this as a testimony. I am trying to share this nugget of wealth with my fitness friends on social media. Will definitely be referencing this in my content next week 💪🏾💯

@rightway16 That's some solid pulling! 💪 Do you mind if I ask how you have trained to keep such strength with calisthenics?

(Reason is, I'm currently taking a break from the heavy weights for a while and trying to better my functional capacity and strength with mostly bodyweight training. Atm Split is typically 3 × Full-body Workout per week with "triggers" / short circuits on off days).

@aaron_boydstun Nothing other than high reps and then the last few sets I do strength based bw moves, things from convict conditioning. Which to me isn’t a bible but has some incredible write ups/photos of progressions

@rightway16 I get you have your rep challenge this year, but you also said you'd been doing high rep for about 4 years. Why is that? Not arguing with your results, just interested. Like you could have been doing fewer one arm pull-ups instead of shit loads of pull-ups. Is it just how you like to train?

@gberta Yeah so I used to do a lot of running and my most recent 100k I totally ruined my knees, had drenching night sweats for 6 weeks and all around ruined my body. I planned on doing a 100 miler but after all that I decided running isn’t my thing.

High reps calisthenics, even higher than I used to do irks now my running replacement. Doesn’t take too much thought and it’s pretty constant

@rightway16 I spent 10 months doing only body weight and running 3x a week (5-10 miles each time). I lost 30 pounds and looked great. I’m a strong supporter and promoter of calisthenics. I would do the David Goggins push up routine for 30 minutes on MWF, then do 100 strict pull ups in as few sets as possible for Tuesday, then I’d do farmer’s carries and 250 dips in as few sets as possible for Thursday. I’d incorporate 4 minutes of planks every day and do a strong man style workout Saturday morning (100lb sand bag tosses, carries, sled drags, and DB/KB squats. Fun times!