Body weight DOES translate to lifting gains

@thispoorman I’m not doing any planning other than I want to reduce number of sets as time goes on. I do variations of each like feet elevated or diamond, sumo squats, regular squats or narrows squats and then pull up/chin-up/muscle up.

My diet is eat when I’m hungry no counting calories. Pretty much just beef, eggs, chicken and peanut butter

@piper7 Correct. Generally for push ups and pull ups it’s sets of 25 and 12 respectively. Want to increase those numbers therefore decrease total sets per workout

@rightway16 I think most bodyweight exercises strengthen you through your full range of motion and really hit your joint strength well. Most lifters are probably only as strong as their limiting factors, such as mobility on squats or strength in their wrists

@rightway16 I went to a clinic and paid em like $20 to use their bio impedance scale that told me. But there's some cheap, albeit inaccurate, bio impedance scales on Amazon that'll ball park your bf too. Or a bf skin caliper.

You look pretty shredded at 165 while I'm skinny fat as fuck lmaooo. I'd guess you're 10% or below.

@rightway16 You've done this routine everyday? Didn't have overtraining issues? I ask because people always say that do the same training everyday can cause more damage than gains. I also want to test a training routine like that.

@vincentcross A lot of people said I was gonna get rhabdomyolysis where your muscle breakdown and yoy have kidney damage. I’m like stfu no I won’t. There are days I do double of everything if I know I’m gonna miss the next day and it’s still not a factor.

Mike Tyson used to do like 1500 squats a day. Herschel Walker does like 3x the numbers I do and he’s in his 60’s now I think.

I can guarantee you anyone telling you that has never done it

@donw1245 Not yet because if I’m gonna try maxing my lifts I want to spread them out so I’m not tired for my priorities (being the high reps) I’m interested tho. I never really benched much most I got was 250 lbs and then 325 squat so we’ll see

@donw1245 Maxing out on dl this coming week gonna try to hit 405lbs then run a marathon right after lol. I don’t max on squat ever, just high reps, but the other day I did 185lbs for 35 reps, and bench same thing I don’t max since getting shoulder surgery but last I tried was 245lb put up no prob about the time I made this original post

@rightway16 I’m a bit surprised if by doing calisthenics you can exceed your pb from lifting. Generally you are what you train so to get better you do more of it. Since exercise is very specific, to dead more would require strenght train for more. I’ve seen guys that could do hundreds of regular push-ups in a set regularly fail to do 10 deep going all the way down or wide Superman’s, never mind single arm or clapping push-ups. Super high reps or for that matter higher than 12 reps per set is for endurance; to build strength, make whatever you do w high reps harder. Harder can be weights, leverage, different angles or emphasize different parts of the same motion (eg elastic bands). There’s also complementary benefits from doing the antagonistic and isometric moves. However over time consider wear and tear on the ligaments from doing very high reps, eg running with weights partly because the joints are not conditioned enough and/or you exceed their capacities.

@rightway16 Oops I read the title and it said gains. For me no gains. Are you training to failure? I switched from classical lifting (and flexibility) when my back started to hurt to body weight to strengthen the core, and didn’t do any of the big compound moves for about 2 years. After I was able to do a 1 min Lsit, 20 sec front lever I went back and damn it, I could still only match my previous maxs. In the big lifts. My 1 arm rows a weakness before, did double tho. I always train to failure, do both pyramids and reverse. Since I do 5-6 days a week I typically do 80-90% max.