Bodyweight strength training programs in Google Sheets 2.0

@icemasterpt Phenomenal give away. A lot of respect for giving what has obviously been a lot of work, to the community.

I like that you've kept to the basic functionality of sheets, so that it's easy for others to customise to their training needs.

@icemasterpt Hey, dude. I've started today to use the spreadsheet for my UL training and when I updated last week and this week I saw green colors when the total volume was increased and red when it decreased. Awesome work, thank you for the effort and also for sharing it.

@daveris Great! The colors are there so you can quickly find where you are making progress and where you are stuck. Also the chart on the bottom of the tracking sheet helps to visualize your performance on each exercise.

@icemasterpt Phenomenal work, thanks so much for making this and sharing it with us!

I am currently on your typical hypertrophy/bodybuilding program but I was thinking about doing a:

2x week - hypertrophy program at the gym (from RP Periodization)

2x week - your 2-day Full body routine

1x week - skills

the main goal with this program is to build size, followed by building strength.

Do you think this is a reasonable approach?

@icemasterpt Nice work. Thank you very much for it. I just start tracking and planning my workouts and this helps a lot.

Any tips on how I enter it when I progress in an exercise? For example: Week 2->3 - Incline rows -> Horizontal rows.

At the moment I just change it on the workout planner and add a little upwards arrow between the weeks in my tracking sheet. Somebody might have a better idea.

@megchristian There are some limitations since it is a Google Sheets file.

But the general idea would be to keep the same exercises through the training block. Once you are done with 5 to 12 weeks of training you would then review your progress and switch the exercises where you have reached the top of the range or beyond. It is always okay to do more reps and improve your technique since the transition to the next exercise will be easier. Also this prevents anyone messing around with the progressions in the middle of a training block. Usually it takes at least one training block or more to get the most out of a single exercise and master the technique as the reps get easier.

You can always add an exercise on the planner page to the end of the workout and use that exercise instead. This way you don't get confused when you switched to another exercise. But then the exercise order is not the same...

I usually keep the same exercises for the 5 weeks of training and then switch. Unless I experience some joint or tendon pain. Then I switch the exercise out of the routine immediately. For example I did some assisted one arm chinups and it started to bother my bicep tendon so I switched that exercise to another form of chinup in the middle of a training block.

@icemasterpt May I ask, In your recommended routine google sheet

On Workout C, whenever I change the muscle group (either Back, Legs, Chest, etc...) the exercise list doesn't change, and it still remains the same

So if originally the muscle group is Back, Back exercises are on the list, but if I change it to Chest, the exercise list doesn't change to chest exercises