Breaking - Roman is injured (confirmed)

@borikua I see what ya mean, I think a good trade off would be for volunteers to move the previous sandbags and the athlete would be responsible for the final sandbag. There’s no where for the athletes to put 4 100lb sandbags along with their 125 lb red bag, that’s a lot of space for the lanes they had.

@eeyore5 Yeah, they played a replay right before heat 2 of test 11, you can clearly see him landing directly onto a previously used sandbag after jumping the final log, forcing him to land awkwardly on his left foot.

@lisa1971 It seems like there are some real inconsistencies in decisions surrounding when athletes are allowed to compete or not. How is it okay for Roman to get wrapped up with a broken foot and do double unders but Alexandre Caron gets pulled for a small pec tear? I don’t think there was a minimum work requirement in that workout either. I’m not commenting on what is safe medically, or if it’s safe to compete on these injuries - just the inconsistency. Frustrating

@lisa1971 Can you give the time mark (don’t think that’s the correct word but maybe you get what I mean) on which this is discussed? Would love to listen!

@lisa1971 CF should be a little bit more cautious for the athletes safety. Safety volunteers should had been on the other end organizing the sandbags and avoiding these types of situations. Sad to see this guy lose his opportunity over something that could’ve been avoided.

@ligeia Yeah it could have been avoiding by easily looking under the 5’-6’ tall log and noticing where the bags were before jumping over?

@lisa1971 Oh boy, that sucks so much for him! Especially because he was on the way to win this weekend!

I'm not rooting for him, but I wish him the best and a podium spot now

Edit: sounds like I'm rooting for him, yes, he definitely deserves it!

@lisa1971 As much as I would love to see Roman finish and potentially win, I am not sure it’s a smart choice to workout on an injury.

I hope he recovers soon and does what’s best for him. The guy is an amazing athlete regardless.

@civlwrbuf I believe the issue was that no min work requirement doesn't mean no work (at all). The wording I think is, "honest effort" or something like that. It's so people can't game the system and just stand there and not do anything in a workout so they can then be fresh for the next one to win. It's subjective of course, and isn't perfect, but I think they only withdrew people who didn't complete anything at all...those who completed one or two reps they did not withdraw them.

Back