Can’t eat enough…

@david61 My protein shake is ~1,000, 2 cups of rice is ~1,500, I normally use 2 cans of legumes which is another 600-800. The rest is then usually made up from adding oils, spices and veg to the meal.

It sounds like a lot and it is, but you definitely adjust to it and I've definitely felt positive effects from it!

@breathofdesire Wow! Frankly I feel like I eat a bunch but I don’t think I could imagine eating 4K in one sitting. Are you sure 2 cups of rice is 1.5k? What rice is that? Mine is like 200+ kcal per cup, normal white rice though.

Probably should get more into brown.

@david61 It's uk cups so i don't know if that makes a difference, it's equal to having roughly 380-400g of rice (that's before cooking it) in one meal.

White uncooked rice is 365 calories per 100g so that's roughly 1.5k, probably a little over after seasoning it.

It's certainly not for everyone, eating that much in one sitting, and I certainly don't go around recommending it unless people ask me specifically about my experience with OMAD! It has been a lifechanger for me though and as I'm pretty active in addition to the calorie surplus it's the closest thing I've experienced to "body recomping" where i feel like i burn fat and I'm still getting bigger from a muscle mass perspective.

@breathofdesire I think it does! That sounds awesome, I’m in the process of trying to gain more muscle but my eating schedule is all over the place - getting pudgier in the belly for sure. But have heard of the OMAD thing here and there and though it sounds pretty messed up to go from where I am now straight there it could be something I’d like to try eventually.

Definitely eventually going for a little cut soon, I used to do 16/8 and it worked pretty decently so maybe that’s a good midway point and eventually I’ll try what you’re doing for a while.

Do you still get hungry as hell like at night or in the mornings? What time is your meal normally? And what about coffee? Not sure if you drink coffee but not sure if those few calories (black, no sugar) would be cheating if I drink some outside of the one meal hour?

@david61 I actually don't get hunger pangs at all anymore, I've been doing OMAD for 3.5 years now at this point and it took a while to get over the cravings but afterwards was when i realised that getting hungry so often i think was linked to an addiction to processed/sugary foods. Provided your one meal has plenty of protein, complex carbohydrates and a good amount of fat then it should provide a steady release of energy to get you through the next 23 hours.

I normally go to the gym from 5-6:30 then I'll cook dinner from scratch and eat during my window which is roughly 7-8, I'm not super strict on that I don't believe it to be too important.

Black coffee no sugar I'm sure is fine, I've heard it's fine but i don't personally drink it. I'm a big proponent of if I couldn't do something without a stimulant then there's something wrong with my sleep or hydration and i should try and fix that instead of use a band-aid fix with caffeine. I only ever drink water outside of my protein shake, it's been a good money-saver too.

@ready123 There's a section in The 4 Hour Body about this. I think it's Tim's fitness Neil Strauss who can't seem to eat. It takes a while.

Spoiler: he is able to work up to a large appetite

@ready123 For me doing some cardio exercise usually gets my stomach rumbling, so i spend some to win some lol. Also yeah i would try to gradually add some food at other times of the day trying to fit all into one meal seems daunting.

@ready123 All great suggestions here, but I'd just stress that you should take your time adjusting! Be patient with yourself and your body! It's all about consistency, so only do what you think you would be able to maintain for a long period of time. After a few months with this mindset, I'm sure you'll be surprised by how much progress you've made :)

Back