How do you eat enough protein without feeling disgustingly full be the end of the day?

@maizer Uhm, no. Us short women simply can't eat that much, most will actually gain at 2000kcal unless active. I'm 5ft1, around 115lbs and fairly muscular, and maintain at around 2200 simply because I have a super active lifestyle. If I was sedentary, my maintenance calories wouldn't be more than 1500. If she's wanting to lose wright and is moderately active, those calories do seem about right.

@maizer Lol No. My BMR is literally 1350 when at the higher end of my normal weight range, which I maintained on for over a decade. I’m only eating at 1500 to help with gaining muscle, and eating above the 1300 range has caused me to balloon to a total of 12lbs overweight, which I will be cutting calories to lose in the near future. I’m 5’3, not a heavyweight lifter or marathon runner, and still live a more sedentary life than most people. The only thing 2000+ would get me is the addition of weight related illnesses and pains to my already too long list of physical issues.

I appreciate the concern, but you’re throwing out calorie amounts that would only make sense if I were doing extremely intense exercise like 6 days per week.

@amalthea333 Alpro plant protein soy milk (normal or chocolate) is 50g protein 1Litre. Its really delicious, smooth and doesnt taste like a heavy protein drink, you can make a nice smoothie with it and add extra protein powder if you want more. however it can be pretty expensive.

@amalthea333 Im in the UK not sure about you, but you can buy it in bulk from amazon. Im also not much of a coffee drinker so i cant answer that, although i dont see why not.

@kaylaw94 I’m in the US, and there are only 3 grocery stores within an hour of my place. Haha They just have the basics as far as vegan milks go. I’ll check Amazon.

@amalthea333 I slice it relatively thick, marinate in large batches 2-4 lbs at a time, then just fry it up for a sandwich with lettuce tomato etc. One of my favorite things to eat and can be easily adjusted to hit any protein target.

Marinade is approximately:
  • 1 cup tamari/soy sauce
  • ½ cup maple syrup
  • 1 Tablespoon liquid smoke
  • spices if you feel like it but they’re honestly not needed
Been meaning to post a picture here sometime but I’m always too hungry lol

@amalthea333 I don't know... but is it possible that your body is a better gauge of your needs than some theory that was never tested on you?

Put another way, your body has some exquisitely tuned sensors that are obviously giving you some very obvious feedback about what you're doing, and maybe it's worth using that feedback not overriding it?

@amalthea333
  1. How old are you?
  2. I eat higher protein in the morning 100%, when I don't, I am way more bloated and uncomfortable the rest of the day.
  3. I think if you're anything like me, you are not handling the meat-substitutes as well as say legumes/natural sources. I wonder if they've changed recipes for a lot of the fake meats like beyond. I used to be able to eat them and feel awesome but now anytime I eat them I have sharp pains, am bloated and completely lose my appetite for the rest of the day. Same thing happened with Vega - it used to be amazing for me years ago until they changed the recipe. If i were you, I'd eliminate the fake stuff from my diet for a week, focus on tofu, chickpea/lentil pastas, legumes and see how you feel.
  4. Also drink more water to help digestion.
  5. Try herbal teas.

@amalthea333 I’ve started using the Ghost Vegan Cinnamon protein powder. Since using it I haven’t had much of any stomach issues. Also I take a probiotic from GNC so that could help too.