Can anybody help me out?

mummyoftwogirls

Im 36 started working out last year when i got sober from 20 yrs of opiate addiction. Going to gym and getting in shape. Greatest experience of my life. I had a crazy leg injury that kept me from running. I could only use workout bike. Well ive had a really tough time since november. I had reconstructive ankle surgery. Ive been basically on a walker for 2 months. I went into the dr yesterday. And he is telling me 8 more weeks non weight bearing. And he is showing me these x rays looking at these screws in my foot and hes talking about ankle replacements. It was just devastating.

Since the surgery ive gained 30 pounds and lost a lot of my muscle. And i promised myself i wasnt going to let this situation beat me. I contacted my dr. He gave me permission to do a bike. So im gna buy a workout bike. But i would also like to be able to atleast work on my upperbody again as well. Cant drive. Cant really get to gym.

So this q is for folks on here. Im asking if you were me. And u had a bedroom sentence for the next 2 months. And you wanted to work on your upper body without putting weight on your right ankle. What would you do? I only did machines at gym when i was working out. And im not really knowledgable. Ive done some research but it was hard to get suggestions to someone in my situation with my injury.

So should i get a bench and some free weights? What would you do if you were me? Anyone kind enough to answer this? Thank you in advance i really need to get my physical and mental health back, so uf i can find a way to safely workout in this situation it will b life changing.

Back