Can barely do pushups solved!

@jeanvaljean To be fair, I've yet to actually pull over 800, I test 1RM about once a year and kinda botched the timing of my attempts this year. My 5, 10, 20, and 30 rep maxes all calculate to between 805-825 though. I've come pretty dang close to the pull though.

Also the fittit mods don't lift.

@binnguyen84 Did you know that fittit is basically how we pronounce fittigt in Swedish? Which is a verb made out of female sex and usually means something doing something dickish. Just a fanny thing (pun intended) to note as your undertone I’d that sentence :)

@williamgoode
Not skinny fat. Listening to guys like Jeff stalled my progress for years. I thought every little ache meant that I wasn't exercising correctly. Guess what, aches and pains are part of life. If you let them paralyze you and you become obsessed with technique, I can say from firsthand experience you will NOT progress. Jeff sucks. He's ignoring good science coming out that is shifting the way the medical community handles pain and injury, simply because it doesn't fit his model and because he can't make money off of it. The fear mongering content he puts out does far more harm than good. To say he's just dumb or incompetent is giving him too much credit. He's downright insidious.

@williamgoode I’m going to shit on Jeff. This is coming from someone who liked him a lot in the past.

He has some good advice, and a lot of shitty advice. Maybe listen to him sometimes. His religious advocacy of face pulls and rotator cuff prehab is commendable. Good content. The rest? No.
  1. He uses fake weights. Now while that doesn’t necessarily invalidate some of his advice, that’s still super shitty.
  2. He gives terrible deadlift advice. He has no clue how to coach a deadlift.
  3. He gives terrible barbell lift advice in general. Don’t listen to his advice on bench pressing, cleaning, overhead pressing, w/e. Go listen to someone who actually lifts heavy.
  4. His workout programs are a joke. Go ahead, try one.

@sgj I sorta knew he gave shitty advice, after I loved his content for a while. It was forgivable for sure, wrong in pretty common ways.

But the fake weights... That's some super cringey stuff.

@sgj As a newbie, I found his content and have been using it to guide myself. Given what you’ve shared, do you recommend other creators/fitness folks who have better advice?

It's helpful if you're doing a shit ton of benching or other pressing work like that, but ya they aren't the end all be all movement.

@sgj I managed to figure out that facepulls are good for my shoulder without some huckster schmuck trying to jam his fear mongering bullshit down my throat.

@sgj Maybe this is stupid, but it bothers me that he has mis-matched plates.

Like, this is his brand. This is his job. He brings people to that gym, and he shoots lots of videos in there. The very least he could do is have a decent selection of matched 45s.