Clothes for petite women

truelsen

I’m 23f, 4’11 and 105lbs. I’ve gained and lost countless times, and I always find it harder to find clothes when I lose weight (as if it wasn’t difficult before). Here are a few suggestions with what’s available in the US.
  • Lululemon: super expensive, but high quality. Can find cheaper prices on secondhand apps such as Depop and Poshmark. Many ‘trendy’ consignment shops will have them, too! Lululemon will hem your purchase for free if you’re able to go to a store (must be a Lululemon item). No receipt needed. The following items may not need hemmed.
    • Soft Jersey Classic-Fit Mid-Rise Jogger
    • Classic-Fit Cotton-Blend T-Shirt
    • Anything that says 7/8 length
  • American Eagle: great for jeans. X-Short sizes only available online.
  • REI: petite sizing is limited, but the clothes are meant for athletic body types (meaning they run smaller). They offer a variety of brands. The children’s section also has a good selection because the clothes don’t all look like they’re for kids.
  • Nike & Adidas: I know, again with the children’s section. It’s similar to REI with some clothes being plain. They’re also easier to find in thrift stores.
  • Patagonia: a good place to find jackets and coats. Check out their “Worn Wear” items online. They’re cheaper and like-new.
I’m open for more suggestions in the comments!

@tklefk01 I bought two pairs of “petite” jeans last month and had to return both. The length was great but they both were not proportioned for petites. Back pockets halfway down my leg. I was really disappointed because I haven’t had that issue at ON before.

@truelsen not sure if you’re just looking for activewear or not, but i believe hollister has short sizes in dresses and pants. my friend (4’11 or 5’0) got some short size dresses there that fit her great.

@kjv63 I’ve had great luck with the kids’ section

Pros: clothes fit, they’re cheaper

Cons: someone shopping with their kid sees you holding a kids shirt up to your torso