Are clothes getting bigger or is it just me? 5'2,160lbs, size 8, and fitting smalls???

@yakob123 I’m 5’1” and around 93 pounds and I basically can’t find clothes these days. I used to love Target but XS are huge now. I can only wear Hollister 00 jeans. I’m lucky my ass is big or XS running shorts would fall off, it’s insane.

@jackreid99 I’m the exact same, did some online shopping the other day and returned 90% of it. The XS bottoms were mostly too big; I looked like a kid in ill-fitting adult’s clothes. I kept a pair of shorts with drawstrings (otherwise held up by the sheer willpower of ass) and a skirt you could tie on the side. Thank god for conveniently adjustable clothes.

@angelsanon It’s not the best time for middle-low
Class fashion right now IMO. Designer classic stuff that I can’t afford in the only stuff I really
Like out there right now

@yakob123 yep, clothes are bigger now, especially within the last few years. i started 2023 as a size 6 and sometimes 8 at 170 pounds. i’m now 135 pounds and a 00 in american eagle, hollister, frame, and madewell jeans. i wear 2xs shirts from aritzia. however, i know for a fact that i was in a size 4 in high school at 119 pounds, so clothes got bigger. i’m wondering what the hell 5’0” 100 pound girls are wearing. i suppose they thrift a lot (i do as well, i much prefer it over buying new clothes since things were made with more quality back in the day), buy from the kids’ section, or simply opt for the baggier look.

@yakob123 Sizes are def getting bigger.

I have a pair of pants that are size 5 but from 10 years ago. They fit a little tighter than my Size 2 jeans I bought this year.

I’m 5’2. 130lbs.

@yakob123 From personal experience, generic sizing is getting MASSIVE and VARIABLE.

I’m 5’2” 125, super lean, and I can fit into XS items and then have to buy L items also.

It. Is. So. Frustrating.

@jwall depends what you look like. weight doesn’t determine it really. i have a lot more fat on my body than a lot of girls that are 5’3 at my weight