Do you guys use any supplements?

@mayaann Creatine, the studies speak for themselves. I take it post workout.
Whey, again post workout, sometimes with breakfast if I need the protein boost. I also mix it in a 1:2 or 2:3 ratio with my bed time shake
Casein, before bed, mixed with whey in a 2:1 or 3:2 ratio
A multivitamin and cod liver oil every morning.
Pre workout, if I'm training earlier in the day, after a long shift with no preworkout meal. It's easy to end up relying in this (caffeine), so use sparingly, or in cycles throughout mesocycle.

@mayaann I use a workout supplement stack and it does the job decently. One bottle is creatine, second whey protein and the last is ksm66, caffeine and a bunch of other stuff.

@mayaann just protein powder if i need it to hit my protein for the day. I took creatine for a bit and never noticed a difference so i stopped.

@mayaann
  • Ashwaganda: In a study involving men aged 40 to 70, subjects given a supplement of ashwagandha extract showed an increase in testosterone by about 15 percent on average and an 18 percent increase in DHEA (a hormone that helps produce other hormones, including testosterone)
  • Fadogia agresitis: The aqueous extract of Fadogia agrestis stem increased the blood testosterone concentrations and this may be the mechanism responsible for its aphrodisiac effects and various masculine behaviors. It may be used to modify impaired sexual functions in animals, especially those arising from hypotestosteronemia.
  • Turkesterone: this is probably bullshit i gotta admit 🤣
  • Tonkat ali: A 1-month study in 76 older men with low testosterone found that taking 200 mg of tongkat ali extract per day significantly increased levels of testosterone to normal values in over 90% of participants
  • Boron complex: According to a 2015 review trusted Source of boron literature published in IMCJ, taking a 6-mg dose of boron for just a week has the following benefits:
*increases the metabolism of the total testosterone in your body to free
testosterone.

*increases free testosterone levels by nearly 25 percent

*reduces the amount of estradiol by nearly half

*reduces indicators of inflammation, such as interleukin and C-reactive proteins, by more than half

*allows more free testosterone to bond with proteins in your blood, which can have even more benefits as you age.
- Shilajit: One study investigating 2g Shilajit daily (6.61% Fulvic Acid) noted that (in otherwise healthy adults) that Shilajit was able to reduce triglycerides by 21.7%, LDL-C by 22.6%, vLDL-C by 20.6%, and increase HDL-C by 5.8%.
- Zinc: One study from 1996 — though we’ll caveat it had a very small sample size —looked at men aged 20 to 80, and found that men with a dietary zinc restriction saw a significant decrease in the level of testosterone in their blood.
- K-2
- Moringa: Moringa is an excellent supplement for men looking to improve their health. It can reduce the risk of prostate and cardiovascular disease, increase testosterone levels and sperm quality, and alleviate stress symptoms. (this one I can vouch for, when i take it, i do feel way more calm and relax) i dont know about the increase in testosterone.
- Fenugreek: A 12-week study in 50 men demonstrated that those who took a daily 500-mg fenugreek supplement that contained concentrated amounts of protodioscin experienced significant improvements in their testosterone levels. The study found that testosterone levels increased by up to 46% in an impressive 90% of the participants.
- DHEA: Your body can transform DHEA into testosterone. Taking a DHEA may increase your testosterone levels. A 2013 study found that taking 50 milligrams (mg) of DHEA per day raised the free testosterone levels of middle-aged adults undergoing high-intensity interval training.
- Maca root: helps me with stress
- Bioperine: is a patented extract of piperine that is easy for your body to absorb and found in many supplements. Studies show that piperine might help enhance nutrient absorption, stabilize blood sugar levels, combat cancer cell growth, decrease inflammation, and boost brain function.
- D3
- Hyaluronic acid: definitely helps me with joint pain.
- Copper: i take it since taking zinc can lead to copper deficiency.
- Magnesium
- Potassium

@gloriousday Is the reason you're taking all of these and not hopping on a cycle because you can get these at the shops? If these supplements did what they claim and were as effective then there is nothing natty about your list (and this is not a moral judgment on my part, I think the whole natty vs not thing is a waste of time).

@mayaann Creatine
Akg - arginine for vascularity growth works better than citrulline or anything else for me
Yohimbine for fasted cardio on prep days
ZMA
Multistage when I'm close to the end of prep
Protien

@mayaann Caffeine generally but also high dose pre workout. Creatine 5g daily. Omega 3 fish oil one capsule daily. multivitamin one daily and additional zinc/magnesium (ZMA).

Also add 10g of psyllium husk to my night time protein shake.

Protein powder - whey isolate, 100-200g per day.