Does anyone else think that the leg press is a superior quad builder compared to conventional barbell squats?

@jinxy To answer your question, leg press is not superior to squats. Although, it does help builds quads, especially if perform through full ROM, the hamstrings and the calfs are helping to assist the lift. If you want to get bigger quads, I would do front squats because the relation to the bar on the body will only allow the quads to do most of the lifting. But, you can still do leg press as well. I just don’t think it’s superior than squats because of the angle of the movement.

@jinxy Yes...I spent years focusing and building weight up on press and not squat..back pain problems created fear over squad. My quads are huge but my rear needs development.

@jinxy If you’re fortunate enough to train at a gym with one. PENDULUM SQUAT. By far the greatest quad builder on the planet. Targets only the quads. Don’t have to go incredibly heavy to get progressive overload. Saves you back. Lots of fun doing the motion 100% recommend trying.

@jinxy Personally the leg press doesnt do it for me. Im 6’1 with long limbs. When I leg press I feel like I’m workin) my hips more. Whereas nothing hits my quads as hard as high rep squats. Goblet, front squats, high bar, they all hammer my quads. Nothing ive done for legs compares, not even moderate rep zones like 12 or heavy squats. 20+ rep squats destroy my quads giving me a painful pump and remove my ability to walk