Does anyone else feel a “duty” to be fit to disprove “soyboy” myths?

@kirkhaggerty Yes totally. Especially since I'm in the military. That being said, my strategy is to just own it. I've actually considered ordering a soyboy t-shirt or making my own. Also it's not great for your mental health to just avoid everyone or ostracise yourself. So being able to have fun with it and push back while still making friends is important. When people ask me where I get my protein my first response is to ask where they get their protein and if they even have any idea what their macros are, usually that will end it and it can be funny depending on your tone and how you say it. After I can give them the whole explanation on legumes etc. I also debunk the estrogen myth wherever I find it, I also point out the only dudes with boobs around are big hulks who are consuming vast quantities of dairy or those self identified guys who have decided their gender identity involves breasts.

@dawn16 You're missing the point. A lot of people think going vegan means you are going to be emaciated and nutrient deficient within a year.

Being fit and strong and vegan is a living example that this is false.

@lilmissinformed See, you start with "people think". Why do you do something to appease others? They aren't coming from a position of good faith with their conceptions. You will never make them happy. Why do you care what others think? If you are doing something like that to prove strangers on the internet wrong, you need to reevaluate your life.

@dawn16 Why do you wear certain clothes in public? Why do you post your guns? Why do you present yourself to others the way you do?

Stop pretending you're above social interaction.

We all do things for others to some degree.

The flip side of proving anti-vegans wrong (not just on the internet by the way, but in real life, outside) is giving a positive example for others.

No one is born vegan, we learn from others and follow their examples.

Showing people that you can be incredibly healthy and strong only eating plants can help motivate them to do the same.

A lot of well-intentioned people are brainwashed or tricked by carnist/anti-vegan propaganda, I don't think there's anything wrong with pushing in the other direction... simply interacting and bolstering public spaces like this is doing the same by the way.

@dawn16 Yes I’m accusing you of having self supported ADD brain because you won’t read for 20 seconds and also over compensating for something with your hyper individualistic attitude and your love of gun posting.

Back