DXA Results: 26 F / 5'8" / 135 lbs / 20.9% body fat

gemologist

Hello! Today I got a DXA scan. Results here.

I’m 5’8’’ and around 135 pounds. Here’s a photo of me for reference. I work out 5-6 days a week, doing a mix of weights, HIIT workouts, LISS cardio and lots of stretching. I almost always eat clean, whole foods (and a libation or two on the weekends). Lately I have been upping my protein (aiming for about 110 grams).

I love data, so I was excited to see the results! I’ve never gotten one before, nor really tested my body fat. If you live in the Los Angeles area, I went to a place called Body Spec that does the scan for $45 and then gives you a couple pages of results.

My body fat is 20.9%

Some cool info I got from the process:

-Just my bones weigh 5.7 pounds

-My legs weigh 56.3 pounds

-I have 104.4 pounds of lean tissue

-I have 0.07 pounds of visceral fat.

-I’m left-handed, and my left arm has 5.5 pounds of lean mass compared to 5.2 in my right. However, my right leg is stronger than my left at 19.6 pounds compared to 19.1 pounds. Funny, because I still don't know which foot is my dominate foot.

I know there’s a margin of error when measuring body fat, but it was still cool to see! Now I’m going to start lifting a little heavier, focus on hitting my macros and go back in 6 months!

@gemologist So interesting! I've never had a DEXA scan, but i'm 27 F/ 5'8" / 130 lbs.. Your photo looks so similar to my build! Body type soulmates. Using your results I can now guess I'm about 21% body fat.

Make sure you post your results again in 6 months! I'll have to train hard also to keep up. =)

@dawn16 Hey twin! Yes I definitely will. Of course there's a margin of error for testing body fat but it's still cool to get a rough estimate and compare yourself down the line! Happy training 💪🏾

@gemologist It is encouraging to see results like this. Do you know where I can find service for DXA scan? The hospital I volunteer at doesn't offer this service.

Back