F25, 5'3'', 135lb, GW: 125lb. Looking for similar MFP ladies for accountability! (x-post in /r/LoseitBuddies)

legendforlife

For years I've told myself I'd lose that 10 lbs. I'm generally healthy and moderately active, but have been having trouble tracking how much I really eat... I logged my food intake on and off with MFP, but it's been challenging with 1200. At some point last year I measured 128lbs, (SO CLOSEEE) but rebounded and now back to fluctuating 1-2 lbs in the 133lbs (UGHHH). I'd be really thankful to find anyone who would be open sharing MFP diaries and keep each other accountable!

Edit: Thank you for the overwhelming response! I'm still adding most of you. So often in real life, I get put down that "you don't need to lose weight!" etc. when I discuss my plans... Here I find like-minded buddies! You ladies all rock! Let's do this together!!

Edit2: Created a group! If you have a better group name, msg me 'cause I suck at naming things hahah
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/22210-5-feeters-for-120lbs-xxfitness-unite

Edit3: Also, it helps me MOST when I SHARE MY FOOD DIARIES so I am not cheating myself out of it. On mobile, it's under Settings> Diary Settings> Diary Sharing AND Set it either to Public or Friends Only.

Edit4: Add yourself & friend other members - - also, say hi in the Forum section!

Thank you ladies!

@legendforlife 5'2 and started at around 145 and currently 127. Goal is to get to 120 and then evaluate.

Heavy lifting about 4 times a week.

Add me on MFP , my name there is Viva_Karina :)

@legendforlife Wow, I know it's been said a bunch already but, it's really awesome to know that there are other 5 footish women out there that are working on such similar goals as mine. I'm 5ft 1", was very, very active in my teen years and now at 29 I'm constantly fighting with around 15 lbs of weight. I'll get on a fit kick, get halfway to my goal, start to see results and then...things sorta fizzle out and I go right back up. I'm at 130ish right now and my goal is to get down to either 115 or 110. I don't weight my self much. I'm more focused on if I like what I see in the mirror and I prefer to be more muscular. I'm excited about the MFP group and I've already joined. My username there is: feladele. Thanks to OP for starting this :)

Edit: spelling :)

@legendforlife OK, I joined the group, even though I'm an oldster (46) and most of you seem to be in your 20's. I am 5'1" and 130, looking to get my BF down. It's a huge struggle. Like the OP, I find most people in real life think I look "fine". I don't want fine!

My name on MFP is missjeanlouise. I've opened my diary to friends and would love input from everyone and anyone from this sub!

@legendforlife 5'4" (and a half!), 24, and 130 lbs, trying to recomp/lower my body fat % (and maybe drop another 5 or so). mellifluous_baker if you or anyone else would like to add me! My food diary is public, and I'm aiming for about 1652, working out 2 - 3x per week (2x strength, 1x dance cardio).

@erinrohman hoho you caught me at a right time, processing all the wonderful ladies that messaged me :) I just added you to the group. But most importantly, remember to open the diary options to public and add others as friends!!

Welcome aboard :D

@legendforlife Hey! I'm completely new here and new to working out (except when I was a kid up to my mid teens, was really athletic) but I'm similar in build. No progress yet, but starting to get in the habit of eating better and working out regularily.

5'4 145lbs

Though a chunk of that is muscle. 125lbs would be ideal for me. I'll check out the MFP group :) It'd be great to have others that are similar builds to track progress with and share tips.

@legendforlife 27 y/o F... 5'3". I was 133 lbs in March of last year and managed to drop down to 110, before I started to work out and gain some healthy lean muscle.

I thought I would be happy at 125. And 118.

110 would look good, right?

It wasn't until I started to exercise and lift weights that I really got excited with how I look. I'm 114 now, about 19% body fat.

Diet is amazingly effective and easy, if you stick with it. Getting to the gym feels good though. Progress is exhilarating and doesn't lie like the mirror.

@legendforlife I'm 5'2" ish haha. I need to get back on track with myfitnesspal! It's quite difficult right now because I'm studying abroad in Singapore and I don't have access to a kitchen. No clue how many calories any of this food is! I'm just trying to avoid gorging on rice and making healthy choices.

@allgoodthings Heya!! Do you read chinese? There was a dude in Taiwan who got famous losing 56kg and one of his suggestions can be found in this article regards food, and some of his article even had stuff about the awesomely temptin asian street food. http://www.kingstone.com.tw/book/book_page.asp?kmcode=2014110444423&readpage=2&show=freeread

He used to have a blog but I can't find it at the moment. I think he might've decided to publish his blog content in his books 'cause i googled his name and all I can find is redirect links to his book haha. Anyways, good luck!

@legendforlife Unfortunately, no haha. I'm the science type, not the language and arts type. I'm doing research under a professor here. I'm just trying to avoid the fried foods (yes, the street food and hawker centers are oh-so-tempting!) but there is definitely healthy food here too.
Thanks, and good luck to you too!

@legendforlife My breath literally just caught.

I always complain that either women on reddit loseit or progresspics are 5'5"+ and a lot leaner than I am or they are around my height and their starting weight is a lot higher than mine :(
I know that's kind of a humble-brag, but losing weight when you are short and already close to your goal is pretty freeking difficult! The pounds fall off like molasses! It's nice to see other ladies in the same boat once in a while.

I have about 5-8lbs to lose. I started a year ago at 158. I'm 130 now and I want to get down to 125-122.

I'm about to join this group so hard. I'm literally so happy.

EDIT: Also I feel embarrassed sharing my diary now since today and tomorrow are the first couple days in weeks that I've been lax on my diet. lol

@davegreaves
starting weight is a lot higher than mine

TOTALLY the reason why i started this thread. I just need to lose that 10lbs dammit. And sometimes it seems that without the momentum from having lost more, the journey is just not the same. It's like we have to start at the LAST hump already, making it seemingly harder!

Don't forget to set diary to OPEN to public and add other members!!

@alexanderbuxton Heya! Don't feel discouraged. If you want to join, you are totally welcomed! Personally, I would prefer women of my similar height bc we'd have a closer maintenance calory and may have a more similar journey in terms of eating/excercising etc. Otherwise, the group is open to public so anyone can join.

On the other hand, you are not the only 5'5''+ lady who's expressed interest but noted that they are too tall (uhh look at somewhere on this thread!). You ladies should totally start a 5'6''-5'8''!

@legendforlife 5'4 and 127lbs. Gained about 15lbs in college. Not sure of my goal, I mainly want to build muscle but lose some of my hips. So probably maintain or lose ~5lbs. I'm eating around 1700-1800, and I try to work out 3x/week with some gym classes and pole fitness.

Same username as on here!

Back