Finally managed to rep 100lbs on dips (170lbs b/w)

@jb77 Awesome! Be sure to use muscle power throughout all ROM. As soon as you fatigue/rest on your joints/ligaments / tendons you risk injury - esp on weighted dips. So use strength 100% only - do not “rest” on your joints during sets.

@jessica719 As an observer to all of this I really appreciate this comment. Makes sense to me and that is a great way to describe how to avoid injury in many scenarios.

@jb77 I'm a similar way as you once I could do 120 push ups consecutively and started benching I added 25lbs to my set of ten reps after 3 bench press workouts.

@jb77 Quick question about dips. I am a bit confused on what form you should have a hollow body? Shoulders rolled back or neutral? Scapula positioning? Whats the "correct" for to target your chest and not triceps?

@maryh Hell yeah they are. I’m seeing some very nice development in the boob area since I started this, which is good cuz I had kinda stalled.

@jb77 Nice. If at some point you want more variety, I highly recommend weighted ring push-ups with the rings placed wide. It really forces you to squeeze in, so it's a nice emphasis on the pecs.

@jb77 Hello, if you could add some more information to your post along the lines of the rule 3 that would be great!

https://www.reddit.com/r/bodyweight...ts_must_be_discussion_and.2For_topic_oriented.

We would also like you to include:
  • Ending stats: sex, weight, height, and age
  • Detailed diet and/or exercise routine(s) used, including specifics such as calories consumed, weight lifted, distance run, etc
  • Before and after photos (for progress posts only).
Additional info to provide if available and as appropriate:
  • Photos or videos documenting the achievement, e.g. video of a PR lift or finish line photos
  • A race or meet report detailing the experience if this was an official event
  • Any other measurements made during this progress, waist size, body fat percentage, personal victories, etc
  • Additional pictures, e.g. profile or side shots to show posture shifts
  • Your motivation or lessons learned
  • What are your next steps? What now?

The bolded ones would be nice to add to help others reach similar goals.