I finally achieved the muscle up at age 38. It’s never too late!

@annad That’s great! I hope you get it. Don’t get discouraged. Just 2 weeks ago I was feeling discouraged that I was never going to get it and then boom!

@graciet So cool! I've been wanting to get mine back -- I used to do them somewhat regularly in my mid 20s, but now I'm 33 and haven't done a muscle up in probably 5 years. I guess it's time to start working on my false grip again. Thanks for the encouragement!

@graciet I did at 13, it took me 2-3 months to do it.just don't give up you weakling come on Give me 10 pull up and 20 push up stop scrolling through this app do exercise

@graciet People live to 90
You’re barely a full person until around 25
And at 35 your “it’s never too late”
I’m 56.
Sometimes it’s too fucking late buddy , you haven’t even started yet

@graciet I seriously do not think a muscle up is a skill. It’s a simple stat check. I for myself am still having a beer belly and could do it. Now I can barely get 15 pull ups when rested (but clean ones at least) and the trick for me is always grip strength. As soon as I started to hangboard again I could do one muscle up again (making it easier to overgrip the bar), although for the first time in my life while actually still being chubby.

I don’t want to be an asshole- congratz man but I just wanted to explain why I think the muscle up is after all a stat check. All you need is a surplus in pulling strength and the grip strength to apply it.

@hollywood3307 For me the MU was a skill as the transition was the piece I was missing. I could do 15 clean bodyweight pull-ups, chest to bar pull-ups, and RTO dips through full ROM and deep dips. But I was always getting stuck on the transition. Practicing with an assistance band helped me to train the technique specifically.

@dearlord I credit the band to helping me breakthrough. I had been debating getting one for a long time and glad I finally did. Being able to do the transition, even with help, was huge.