For those of you who don’t belong to a traditional box..

@dawn16 I couldn’t agree more. I’ve been self sufficient when it comes to training as I have an exercise science background. I will admit that I miss the competition and ‘team’ feeling which I think attracts me to the idea of joining a box more than anything else. However I also love to zone out with my own music and get after it. I would definitely look into coaching if I ever wanted to compete seriously.

@trustlove147 If I was going to join an online program, I think I'd go for PRVN or Mayhem for crossfit workouts. Maybe just buying into hype but those would be my top ones to try if I had a home gym

I've also started to really be intrigued more and more by Marcus filly and his persist program

@dawn16 I literally just said to my husband I love and I mean LOVE our box I just wish the programming was more! We have such a wide variety of members that I understand why our owner programs the way he does. I just need more so I feel like I’m getting the full package that Crossfit encompasses.

@james857 This happened to me about the year mark.

For me, it was the "is this a hobby, or passion" moment. My passion for getting better at skills outweighed my "yay i love this community/class".

I decided to start looking at it like an investment. So I have my CF membership, but I also found a coach to work with personally. My gym posts their workouts weekly in advance, so Im able to work with my coach to pick 2-3 classes to do so I can keep my mental game strong enjoying the community but also have 2-3 sessions I focus on my particular strengths and weaknesses.

Its... a bit wasteful money wise, but its removed all of those "ugh I love love LOVE this gym but..." moments for me

@dawn16 I think I’m at that crossroads. Am I doing this just to do it or do I truly want to get better compete etc like I first thought. I’m leaning towards the latter.

@james857 If anything it never hurts to talk to your head coach/owner! Or even other members.

Maybe there's more folks who feel like you that the coach starts offering different specialty classes or additional after class/at home skill programming

@gelb1472 The problem: this isn’t the whole story.

This lacks the strength work programmed daily (SWOD). This is just the conditioning (DWOD).

If this hard, heavy, fast training interests you, do yourself a favor and sign up for a Power Athlete program. JohnnieWOD is most similar to the old CFFB program.

Source: Power Athlete Block One Coach.

@goonies511 I second this. I’m a huge power athlete fan boy. CrossFit Football was so fun and great. I followed Johnnie Wod for a few years too. Pretty cheap programming too.

@trustlove147 Moved away from convenient access to a box and am now in the process of building a home gym. I’ve been using street parking and I found it okay. The WODS are getting better now that I have some bumper plates and more equipment.

Honestly, I’m kind of digging the home gym experience. It took away all me excuses. I’ve found me doing WODS on days I would have normally skipped, like New Year’s Day.

@trustlove147 I have been using Linchpin for awhile now, and i really like it. It's simple and straightforward. It doesn't try to get too fancy with rope climbs or anything like that. I have a barbell, bumpers, a couple KB's, stationary bike, wallball, rings, and a pull up bar. I never have an issues substituting any movements to accommodate my equipment limitations.

I find that i tend to like to have more strength and mobility training than what's in Linchpin, but that's the thing, there's no perfect program out there that caters to everyone. It's up to the user to modify to fit your needs. Linchpin gives you additional "accessory" optional work each day, sometimes i use it, sometimes i add in strength building or mobility work at those times.

Basically, find a program that covers all the bases, makes you lift heavy once per week, go long once per week. That's Linchpin to a tee. From there, add in what fits your goals, and you should be golden.

@kiia I joined linchpin during the 1st period of gyms closed in ireland and although I enjoyed and have weights and dbs it was too much running for my liking but this lockdown I borrowed a rower from my box and enjoying it way more.

Tho I'm following a strength program aswell don't find it too much so 3 days a week I do compound lifts and 4 linchpin workouts with 2 rest days

@trustlove147 I have a full gym at home, so I train there. I’m an early morning person and usually start around 4-430 am so I can get it done before work.

I’ve tried a variety of online programming, and can give some insight there. I’ve been training with Mountain Tactical Institute (MTI) for the last 3 years and they have been my favorite programming. They have an online app that’s lays everything out and you can email the head coach for plan advice and guidance.

@trustlove147 Yeah. It takes getting used to, but I’ve been doing it that way for 5+ years now. I like to train on an empty stomach, so that’s the best way to do it IMO. It also eliminates most excuses I’d have to not workout. My job can be hectic and overtime can happen anytime, so I just like to get up and get it done.

@pamsight Nice. I like your approach. I find I train best in a fasted state too. People usually think you’re crazy when you tell them you train on an empty stomach. I feel so much lighter and efficient.

@pamsight I can second that. I have had an MTI subscription for the past 2.5 years and it’s been awesome. There’s such a huge array of programs available, you can find exactly what you want for whatever your current goal is. Every time I finish an MTI program, I always think “I’m in the best shape of my life right now,” lol.