Found tortillas with ideal macros!

maximum451

I found these tortillas today at my local Safeway.

40% protein, 36% fat and 24% net carbs. I loaded one up today with chik'n, avocado, tomato and hummus and had an excellent lunch for under 500 calories with 32g protein and 15g fiber. The wrap was delicious: I have absolutely no complaints about the taste or texture.

If anyone here is following a 40/40/20 macro profile, or just looking for a tortilla that isn't a calorie graveyard, I thought this might be of interest

@maximum451 Any info on the l-cysteine?

Also do they actually taste ok? I don't necessarily need my store-bought wheat tortillas to taste good because they're there as a vehicle and not flavor, but, y'know, I would like them not to taste bad.

@amandalp717 I haven't contacted them directly, but they state that their products are Kosher certified:

A kosher parve certification from Kosher Overseers of America promises that the La Tortilla Factory manufacturing plant has been inspected by a trainer Rabbi who verifies and that our manufacturing facility and our products meet all the requirements for Kosher certification.

To my knowledge, only synthetic l-cysteine gets this certification.

As for the taste, I've only had one so far, but it was delicious! I will be trying again today and edit my comment to give a second opinion

edit: Today's wrap was also delicious. Tofurky smoked deli slices, spinach, hummus and avocado. Racked up 20g protein and 14g fiber for 280 calories, and more protein than net carbs

@amandalp717 I think it's about 8". It doesn't specify on the packaging, but it's not quite burrito size. The only complaint is that they're not big enough to wrap all the stuff I want to put in them, but I may try wrapping two together

@zaixian99 I haven't contacted them directly, but they state that their products are Kosher certified:

A kosher parve certification from Kosher Overseers of America promises that the La Tortilla Factory manufacturing plant has been inspected by a trainer Rabbi who verifies and that our manufacturing facility and our products meet all the requirements for Kosher certification.

To my knowledge, only synthetic l-cysteine gets this certification.