GoRuck: Lessons learned the hard way

gertlush

Bought into the hype, trusted that they were the new CrossFit sponsor. Yeah. I know. Stupid of me. No answers from customer service to a question I had - got an automated zen desk response promising an answer, but they never did. If you filter their reviews, you’ll see this is a repeat issue.

Then, add that their women’s sizes are completely mislabeled. They have 9.5 women’s as equivalent to 7.5 men’s which it isn’t (9 women’s is equivalent to 7.5 men’s), and their fit size estimator for women is off by a full size - the fit sizer result for someone who wears Nike shoes size 9 is supposedly a GoRuck size 9. GoRuck size 9 is at most equivalent to a women’s Nike 8.5, and actually closer to a women’s 8. I went up to a 9.5 when the 9s didn’t fit. It would never occur to me I needed a 10!

I thought they were going to be fine, wore them for one workout and of course as soon as my feet swelled with the workout the shoes were impossibly tight, and having worn them once, I can’t return them.

The kicker: they’ve removed the link on the website to write a review. I would reach out to GoRuck with my feedback, but I know they won’t respond. So can’t provide this feedback about sizing or customer service anywhere that a prospective buyer could see it - which is why I’m posting here instead.

Hope my wasted $150 saves someone else a headache. Should add: on the off chance anyone from GoRuck in here is reading this - I’m the first person at my gym that I have seen with GoRuck trainers and everyone is asking me about them. This is what I’m telling them.

Avoid.

@bburns4667 Yeah I mean for me it’s Nike Metcons, but the big thing there is they let you return within 60 days even if you’ve worked out in them. And that’s biggest thing for me - sometimes you just can’t tell that a shoe isn’t right until you’ve actually worked out in them.

@tanasee Do you have proof, because that's not what they claim:

"In the past, all slightly worn shoes like this were shredded as part of Nike Grind, our shoe recycling program that started back in 1992 and supplies raw material for sport court surfaces, tech accessories, carpet padding and more. While some worn-down shoes deemed no longer functional still meet this end, the Rebound team knew that tons of almost-perfect pairs just needed a little extra love.

Enter Nike Refurbished, a program that rescues shoes that might otherwise be discarded — more than 225,000 pairs of them to date — and puts them back on the shelf of Nike stores at a reduced price."

“Nike Refurbished is like us rebirthing the product; we’re giving it life again. We clean it up, make it look like new, then put it back into the marketplace.”
Valerie Nash
Inbound Operations Manager
https://www.nike.com/a/nikes-reverse-logistics-mission-to-save-millions-of-shoes

@bburns4667 I go back to old school crossfit when Chuck Taylors were the only thing people wore. Like 4 years ago I got some Nanos just cause they were on sale. Holy shit, those are some versatile shoes. But you really can't beat the all-stars for price.

@gertlush This may or may not work, but based off your comments, maybe try sending them a DM on instagram? I have had this work with some random stuff before, and it can’t hurt to try

@gertlush I'm hopeful they will get back to you and make it right. Maybe the new volume with the CrossFit sponsorship has their team overwhelmed at the moment, but my experiences with them and their customer service team have been great in the past.

Back