GoRuck: Lessons learned the hard way

@gertlush Sorry to hear this. I’ve been buying their shoes for years, have owned several pairs. They’ve always fit true to size for me. I’m male.

Also, their customer service absolutely rocks. Whenever I’ve had an issue, they respond right away by email and always help me out. Even refunded me full shipping on a $40 order once because I paid for 2 day and it took 5.

Try emailing them and explain the situation. They may be willing to swap a size up for you.. I’ve done returns several times, and they never once gave me any grief.

@gertlush I have experienced a slow response if I emailed on a Friday, I guess because of the weekend, but they still always replied by end of day Monday or Tuesday. Bummer. Well, I am sorry about your experience.. they really make great shoes. I use their ballistic trainers for CrossFit and lifting, and I have their runners as well. Only running shoes that ever lasted me longer than 6 months lol.

@jnorthey It’s true, but they didn’t provide what they represented is. There’s an error in how they converted male to female sizes. That said, I think a chargeback in my case is highly unlikely. I’m going to take the loss and sell them used. I’m more frustrated that they don’t answer their customer service emails and aren’t accepting new reviews on their site.

@gertlush Bodies are shaped all differently

For you it didn’t work, for some other lady it probably was the best fit ever.

People saying chargeback are the reason we can’t have nice things. Sorry it happened but you’ve already spent too much time on this :)

@gertlush Interesting, I've bought their shoes, the sizing was correct and in line with other brands. I wear a 7.5 in Reebok or Nike and was the same in Go Ruck runners. I'm a woman.

@gertlush Huh, that’s odd — my wife is true to size in her Ballistic Trainers, and I sized down a full size in mine. We both love the shoes, but we did have a chance to try on multiple sizes at their booth at the Arnold in 2023.

Have you tried the flat insole by chance?

@gertlush Sorry, I meant insert. Do they still come with the extra, flat insert? Using that may give your midfoot more space when your foot swells. Just a thought.

Back