GoRuck: Lessons learned the hard way

@gertlush Goruck is turning into a disaster. Jason is making all these changes that aren't good for the brand, and some are changes he previously said he'd never do. Some Event Cadre (won't name names to protect their jobs) are even sick of his decisions and what he's doing. Their quality control is worsening each year now and partnering with CrossFit was a quick cash grab for them. I sense CrossFit chose them only because athletes like Tia like them.

@gertlush Bought a pair of their high tops that started to fray within like 30 days of wear. Tried to get in contact with them multiple times through their directed means (with photos) but didn’t hear anything back. Won’t buy another pair.

@ocdguy252 You didn’t read the post. It did fit, once my foot swelled in the workout, it didn’t. They specifically advertise that their design accounts for that. I only went to check the label inside the shoe once it happened and can see why there is an error. But I’m not mad at the shoe: I’m irritated that they don’t answer CS emails and don’t allow people to post genuine reviews on their site. That to me is the bigger issue.

@gertlush Interesting, I've bought their shoes, the sizing was correct and in line with other brands. I wear a 7.5 in Reebok or Nike and was the same in Go Ruck runners. I'm a woman.

@gertlush If you want a minimalist zero drop wide toe box shoe like the go ruck, buy HobiBear. They cost $40 (or less when on sale)and are not built to be bullet proof but I love them. I do everything except double unders in them

That being said, I keep a hokas for runs and lifters for my oly lifts

@gertlush Seems the only hope is to find the person who also has the same shoes that don't fit and trade. lol

jk, but you can recoup some cost on one of those second hand clothes selling sites.

@gertlush Love my pair. Not the best for running, but great trainers. Never had an issue with their customer service and have been a customer since 2012. Everything I’ve bought from them has stood the test of time compared to other products. I’ll always be a Nano guy, but the GORUCK trainers have held up wayyy longer. Sorry to hear you had a bad experience.

@lisa5370 What I’ve just heard back from them (I’m going to update the post once there’s a resolution) is basically they’re aware that there has been a sizing problem with some of their women’s models (or basically how they’re labeling women’s sizes when working off the men’s shoe) and they’re working on getting it fixed. I think the shoes are great. Their process, labeling and customer service needs fixing.

@gertlush Crossfit sponsorships mean nothing, it's just a bidding war. Vladamir Putin could come out with a cross-training shoe and if he paid enough, CrossFit would allow them to be a sponsor. I would start commenting on their Instagram posts. I still cant believe people actually buy backpacks from them. A fool and his money.

@gertlush I've bought a LOT of stuff from GoRuck, since way before they were associated with crossfit at all, and I've never, ever had a problem with their stuff, their sizing, or their customer support. I'm a guy though? So maybe there's something different there?

@fledford Yeah it sounds like there’s likely two things - growing pains associated with the CrossFit sponsorship, and errors in their women’s sizing. Hopefully they get it sorted because their designs seem good.

Back