10 Things I've learned in my almost 20 years of bodybuilding

@jannieb Late to the party, but thank you for this post man.

I too reached a high of 281 pounds. I was strong and lifted but looked like Rick Ross. I wast happy and decided to change.

I am now 190 pounds between 13-14% body fat. Would like to be 185 12-13% by June.

I’ve adopted the lower protein, higher carb model as well. It’s worked wonders in my transformation of 90 pounds.

The reminders you sent are what we all needed to hear:

Stay with it, stay strong! Thanks

@jannieb Thank you for sharing! If you don’t mind me asking, what did you do, and what were your resources, to become a certified trainer? Was it worth it? I am also considering it for personal reasons and not as a career change.

@ludosc I got certified by a small company that has since gone out of business, it was called Synergy Fitness if I recall correctly. I had to take this online course and then an exam.
There were also exams that you had to keep taking to maintain your certification later on but like I said they eventually went bankrupt.
It was cool to learn more about the field and different training and recovery techniques but to be honest I had already known a lot of it from my past personal research.
Many other great companies out there still like ISSA and ACE.

I can't say I would do it again considering it wasn't for a professional reason, but if I was working in the field I'm sure it would've been worth it. There's so much information online now and many great books, so I can't say it's worth it to get certified if you're not planning on being a trainer.
Hope that helps.

@vibwms People take diuretics to hide steroid use in tests, it doesn't make you look better. I wouldn't even lower water intake in the week before a show, it makes no real difference and your body just adapts by pissing less and pulling more from your food. Except for making you feel like shit (dehydrated) and your muscles less full it has no benefit.

@trumpeter2 Lol ok buddy, seems like you don’t really know what diuretics are for. It does make you feel like shit but pulling off that water will create a drier and more shredded look that’s why many bbers use it