omcfarla21

is this good for gym push day and is there something i need to change to make ir better?

Bench Press (Dumbbell):
  • 4 sets x 6-8 reps
  • Rest Timer: 2 minutes
Shoulder Press (Dumbbell):
  • 4 sets x 8-10 reps
  • Rest Timer: 1 minute
Incline Bench Press (Dumbbell):
  • 3 sets x 8-10 reps
Seated Lateral Raise (Dumbbell):
  • 3 sets x 12 reps
Cable Fly Crossovers:
  • 3 sets x 10 reps
Pullover (Dumbbell):
  • 3 sets x 10 reps
Chest Press (Machine):
  • 3 sets x 10 reps
Triceps Rope Pushdown:
  • 3 sets x 12-15 reps
Triceps Extension (Cable):
  • 3 sets x 10 reps (Overhead extension with both hands)
Skullcrusher (Barbell):
  • 3 sets x 10 reps
Triceps Dip:
  • 3 sets to failure
  • Rest Timer: 1 minut

@calicoder2 i know i just cant find good program online and the i just try to put the best extrecises in one workout i know that this is too much.can you help me please to shorten this workout a bit, then keeping only the necessary extrecises ig. thanks again

@omcfarla21 See push day is basically chest, tricep, shoulder. So do 2 exercises of chest, target basically the middle chest and upper chest (on the next push day you should target the middle and lower chest). And do 2 for the shoulder, basically side delts and front delts (on the next push day you should target the side and rear delts). And do 2 for the tricep, doesn't matter the particular muscle in tricep. Overall just 6 exercises. Just find the exercises for these muscle group through internet or any workout app, and go for it. All the best.

@omcfarla21 Check out Jeff nippard on YouTube. It’s not necessarily the number of exercises, it’s the number of sets per muscle. So you’re doing 13 sets in total for your chest alone, you should try to get that down to 8 sets on your chest. Shoot for 8 sets per muscle group, so if you want to do flat bench, incline bench, and cable flys, do 3 of each. And choose between regular chest press or dumbbell chest press, I’d suggest dumbbell since you get a deeper stretch on the negative.

Admittedly all of my information comes from YouTube, Jeff Nippard and Athlean-X for the scientific approach, but I also watch Sam Sulek for meat head motivation

@omcfarla21 how about you just do bench press and incline press, then maybe switch it up every second session with those other exercises if you like them or something. you don't need so many exercises for chest. 16 sets is too much bruh especially if you are new.

With triceps, most of your chest movements already hit that muscle. You can cut a lot of those exercises off. Maybe have like 3 sets of skull crushers and tricep dips.

@omcfarla21 Separate chest and shoulders into their own days. Larger Body parts :4 exercises/6-10 reps/ 3-4 sets. Ppl saying that what I'm recommending is too much are lazy. Smaller body parts 3 exercises/ 6-20 reps/3 sets.

Quit listening to most of these social media heroes, they aren't natty (most of them). I've trained nattys and enhanced, and athletes preparing for sports. Most ppl are just doing "enough". Separate yourself from the crowd.

@omcfarla21 I just commented on another thread of yours and I'll say the same thing here, this is a TON of volume on just one day. You'd be in the gym for hours if you're really training hard on each lift.

I would like to see this volume spread out to two days vs. just one.

Also highly recommend you go look up "renassiance periodization" on YouTube. He has great videos covering the amount of volume you should do per session vs. per week.