Had insane growth then suddenly no growth, what gives?

@hteezy You either aren’t as good with these things as you’re claiming to be, or you simply have just exhausted your newbie gains, as others have said, and have to just accept new progress will be slow from here on out. Likely a combination of both since I’ve yet to meet anyone who has all those things down pat as best they can within their first year of training.

Learn to just enjoy the process of training and working towards a goal or else you’re going to lose motivation fast. Natty progress is slow; you’re not going to be seeing noticeable gains weekly-monthly. It’s more looking at some pictures that are 6 months apart and going ‘oh shit, I’ve gotten a bit bigger’.

@dawn16 I get that man, I understand my newbie gains are fading, it’s just the fact i haven’t gained any size in the past 3 months, not even a little bit, that’s bothering me. And i don’t know what to say, im definitely doing all of those things. Scale is going up, dialing in my protein and calories, everything but my arms are getting bigger.

@hteezy Are you seeing any gains in other muscle groups? I’d agree with others who have said maybe consider changing up your programming, but you’ve only given info on your arms so it’s difficult to say what extent it would need to change.

If you’re seeing gains elsewhere and it’s just your arms, then it may just be a case of prioritising arms on the day you train them and/or increasing volume or intensity.

@dawn16 Yeah seeing progress in chest and legs, just not my arms, Haven’t measured anything else.

I was just under the impression that since my arm strength is increasing quite a bit, that my arms must be growing at least a little bit, so when I measured them and they were the same I was a bit confused as I thought strength correlates to size. (I know about neural adaptions but I’d thought I’d still have gained a bit of muscle)

@hteezy If it’s just your arms then it’s likely a case of them needing some added focus, and not your training as a whole.

General tips for increasing arm growth:

-Train them first on the days you train them. Leaving them until the end means you’ve accumulated fatigue which will reduce how effective your arm training can be.

-Train triceps separately from chest, and biceps separately from back to reduce carryover fatigue ie if doing a PPL, train triceps on pull and biceps on push.

-Keep intensity high. You don’t necessarily have to go balls to walls complete failure, but take each working set to 0-2rir.

-Volume: can go either way. Some people do too little, while others go overboard and either overtrain or sacrifice intensity. Finding what volume works for you requires a bit of experimentation. For me personally, I’ve found around 8-12 weekly sets of biceps and triceps to be a sweet spot.

Do that, and continue to keep your nutrition, recovery and sleep dialled in and you should see growth. Keep in mind, progress will still be slow and steady. If you do all this and you still aren’t happy with your growth then it may be a case of inflated expectations.

@hteezy Because it was in fact not actually muscle. You cut down and they will be the first things to go. Gaining pure contractile tissue is very slow. If you’re still getting stronger without sacrificing form, you have nothing to worry about.

@hteezy It’s called water. When you introduce work to untrained muscles, it also increased the amount of water stored to house glycogen. It’s 1/3 forms of hypertrophy. Yes it’s growing, but it’s not contractile tissue. It’s now a continuously trained muscle(congrats). But now the actual fibers need to grow, performance has to keep increasing. They do grow together, just the water spike can jump dramatically up and down based on if you’re training consistently or not. You are doing everything fine, it’s just a slower process than you thought.

You think 20 inch guns are achievable in less than 2 years for most people? Even most bodybuilders don’t have that.

It’s like injecting chicken breast with a salt solution. Yeah that thing is bigger/heavier, juicer and more flavorful. You still see it’s mostly muscle still, but it wasn’t more contractile tissue.

May your arms reach the size you want eventually though. Keep at it, man.

@bubblegoose42 It’s not just water man. You think me doubling my tricep extension from 22.5 to 40kg+ is going to just give my arms water? It’s 100% consisting a lot of muscle.
Also, I Don’t think you understand what I’m saying dude.

You know maths right?
I’ve experienced zero gains in 3 months. Which means if I keep going at this rate I can expect zero more gains in the next 3 months, and so on.

@hteezy You ask for answers and shut down any sound advice. Why even make a post. You clearly already have your mind made up. You can make strength gains through neurological adaptations with more motor recruitment rather than NEW MUSCLE. Jesus your responses are insufferable to read. Just say thanks to people that take the time to reply and quit being such a cunty cunt cunt.

@hteezy Of course it’s not all water. They grow in tandem.

Let’s go your reason. Yeah it’s all muscle. Your training also became so shit the next 4 months you didn’t grow at all. Cool. I’ll agree to that then.

@hteezy (I read some comments) Nsuns is mainly a powerlifting program; most of the sets spent on compound lifts aren't going to be effective for hypertrophy, and it's hard to add an appropriate amount of accessories for all muscle groups without ending up overtraining (especially as a beginner).

If you're aiming for size, you should consider swapping to a more hypertrophy focused program. For arms, most people can recover well enough to absolutely smash them twice a week. For biceps and forearms, even three times a week.

@hteezy
  1. How do you know most of the size gained was muscle?
  2. How much bodyweight did you gain in the initial 6 months and how much have you gained in the 3-4 months since then?
  3. How has the weight you're doing, the reps you're doing, and the amount of sets you're doing progressed over time?

@neworthodoxdenomination1 1.Cause I can see the new muscles, and many people tell me my arms are getting very muscular.
2.the bodyweight was from 85kg to around 93-94kg in the 6 months then for 1 month I cut and lost about 5kg and lost very little arm size, about 0.1-0.2 inches. And in the 3 months since then my arm size is around 16.5 inches or so.
  1. In the 6 months,
    My bench form sucked so I struggled and was plateauing around 97.5kg-100kg as my one rep max however my ez bar tricep extension went from 22.5kg for 8 to 40kg for 8. My curls also went up at a similiar rate.
In the 3 months, my bench went from 105kg to 127.5kg and my ez bar tricep extension went from 48kg for 5 to 53kg for 5 in 3 months with the same form, with the curls doing similiar progression (although I can’t find the exact numbers for curl but remember it was very consistent progress)