Had insane growth then suddenly no growth, what gives?

@theboss303 As far as I can remember, when I gained that 2 inches in 6 months was when I started the following- ez bar tricep extensions very heavy, heavy cheat curls, and weighted chin-ups

@hteezy Newbie gains are gone for sure. The other thing and I'm not sure if others mentioned it (I read some but not all comments) is that you're doing low reps and low volume. That's closer to a strength program rather than a muscle building program.

I did see others mention volume... I'd also focus on set size...10-12 reps should get you more muscle growth.

@hteezy That’s why it’s important to measure. Gains stop all the time — it’s a sign you need to increase either volume, intensity, frequency, or all 3, or manage fatigue better, to continue growing.

@hteezy If you're lifts/reps are going up then you're gaining muscle, likely gaining muscle and not storing more fat in that area so it appears the same.

@pamkowal I feel like it’s less about the routine and more about the strength progress I made, and the amount of effort I put in. But I’ll tell you anyway - I was cheat curling with an ez bar, no strict curls at all. I was doing weighted chin-ups. Where I think I got most of the mass gains is the ez bar tricep extensions. Holy shit they feel on another level to anything I’ve ever done in terms of feeling the muscle being worked. Started lifting 9-10 months ago and my ez bar tricep extension 1rm was at 25kg or something now my estimated 1Rm is around 65kg. Cheat curl I increased by like 30kg aswell.
If there’s one thing I should advise you to do, it’s the ez bar close grip tricep extensions, as I know for a fact they are on another level when it comes to building arms, the other exercises I’m not 100% sure.

@hteezy Good shit.

Not taking anything away from your work but those are some amazing genetics. Making that much progress this early on likely means you could go very far. Whether that be powerlifting bodybuilding, strongman or really any other sport that requires size and strength. These types of gains are extremely rare. Keep milking what you’re doing as long as you can.

Whenever I start to complicate things, I have to remind myself to keep it simple.

Two tnation articles will help you do this

https://forums.t-nation.com/t/bigger-by-the-numbers/285224

https://www.t-nation.com/training/ten-rules-for-guaranteed-strength-and-size-gains/amp/

You’re gonna be a monster fella.