HEY, EVERYONE! November is here and it's PULL-UPS MOTIVATIONAL MONTH! Join us today!

@immd I never do the RR... I ussually just try a little warmup and stretches, pump out sets of 20 pushups in morning or night, and do 3 or 4 sets of 5-8 pullups about twice a week during my lunch break from operating machines.

Used to run track and now i just focus on bulking up and eating right mostly. Stand all day at my full time job and its hard to keep my calories up.

M/26/150/6"

@immd I think it's mostly just motivation to start. Once I start I can get through the whole RR. Often times it ends up getting too late then I put it off until the next day, and repeat the lazy cycle.

I managed to do the RR once this week, I'll try to keep it up. DOMS is a bitch when you have long stretches between routines, I'm feeling it today.

@rdmarita I need serious help with my overhand pull ups... sigh. I can do 5 reps of 3 sets for neutral grip, but I've been working on my overhand for MONTHS with no progress now.

I'm doing negatives, I'm using resistance bands, I'm "greasing the groove" with the pull up bar in my house, but I still can't seem to get past doing 3 in a row (inconsistently, some days I can do this, some I can't). I can do bodyweight rows just fine, so according to the guide I should be "ready" for them. But any tips?

@mikaeri Sure, wide grip, chin-up, this is a everything-pull-up month.

But, since this is a motivational month, maybe you can get motivated to improve your pull-up game haha

@mikaeri It's normal that you can 1-2 more chin-ups than pull-ups, but if the disproportion is big there might be some issue with your form (for example not engaging your lats enough)

@hectorsan Huh, I can very easily do 12+ chin ups but I can only do a few pull ups, I always thought that was just because I had weaker back muscles as I've never seriously worked on my pull ups

@rdmarita I ordered a pull up bar on Amazon last week. It wasn't Prime, so it'll be here next week. I can't wait to get started.

The RR has always bothered me since I can't do pull ups without it. Dips will still be a challenge, but I can dip between two solid chairs for now.

@rdmarita M/22/179lb/6'0"

My current chin-ups are at 3x6 with +70 lbs. My goal is to get up to 3x6 with +90 lbs by the end of this training cycle (12/3).

I think its feasible considering my nutrition and recovery have been on point. I'll be running full body workouts (read as upper body and core; legs not even once :D ) every other day. Double progression model where I try and add a rep to one set every workout, then when I hit 3x6 adding 5 lbs and dropping the reps to either 6,5,5 or 3x5.

Year end goal is 3x6 with +100 lbs.

@godgathering As a bearded bwf practicioner, I can reliably inform you that any extra weight generated by your luxurious beard is negated by the enormous increase in Manliness having a beard brings.

@immd Generally a 5-15% increase in strength with a beard. Some studies have suggested it is approximately 3% increase in strength for every inch of man beard lol